WTB - manual gear stick surround (in UK)

greenE9

Reaction score
Hi

I am looking for a manual gear stick surround (the bit that the leather gaiter comes out of).

Located in UK but would look at shipping given small size.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have an excellent one available, DQ restored it for me and is better than new in terms of the attention to detail and materials used.

It turns out DQ restored a first one for me and when I installed it I decided to have him also restore the original one that came with the car to the same standard.

It will not be cheap as it had to cross the Atlantic twice, and now a third time...

Attachments

• shifter.jpg
    shifter.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 129

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
I have an excellent one available, DQ restored it for me and is better than new in terms of the attention to detail and materials used.

It turns out DQ restored a first one for me and when I installed it I decided to have him also restore the original one that came with the car to the same standard.

It will not be cheap as it had to cross the Atlantic twice, and now a third time...

But this piece now has provenance and cachet having travelled the world !....alas, says "made in Taiwan "?:D

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
But this piece now has provenance and cachet having travelled the world !....alas, says "made in Taiwan "?:D

It says "made in Bilbao with some West German materials".
As I mentioned before the emotional value of this part traces back to Dylan himself:

"So take heed, take heed of the western wind
Take heed of the stormy weather
And yes, there's something you can send back to me
Spanish shifter boots of Spanish leather."

greenE9

Reaction score
... I am still looking in case anyone has one - thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
"Chrissi7 " (Chris Bier) out of Germany sells a lot of E9 reproduction stuff on Ebay ...good guy and great service . He sells what you're chasing ...but the degree of pain ( refurbished ) is 340 euros based on last pricelist he sent me . I think BMW sell the console too but made of 'plastic'( ?)...can't recall cost . Hope this helps. Cheers, Simon

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
so i presume that you don't have a/c. the panel for a/c has the front leg cut off and has a small trim applied to the front.

Hmm, I see the little recess. Does this mean that the gearshift surround on my AC equipped CSi was for a manual console? It is made of foam, so perhaps it's a poorly selected replacement.

OP - I need to check the condition of my project coupe to see if I need to keep this. If not, I could send it your way, or to DQ for restoration.

26831550526_8465bc7faa_b.jpg

26831551976_57c7eeddcf_b.jpg

greenE9

Reaction score
Bump...

After ordering a surround from ECS Tuning I have been told that they are, in fact, not available - with a back order date not in sight.

I am still looking for one of these just in case anyone has one!

Thanks in advance