WTB missing tools for clamshell & TRUNK TOOLS/BOX

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I might as well get started on this now. If anyone has a line on any of the missing tools from the attached pic please let me know.

Another hunt is on. I think that is the correct small red screwdriver, but coupe won't be here until end of the week for me to look at it in person.

I realize the screwdriver on the left is some sort of aftermarket. Thanks y'all!

EDIT: Well, the little red screwdriver is correct but some of the allen wrenches look like 911 tools, some of the wrenches are off brand too (bummer). Some are Heyco. I will take some pics later of what is correct, that way if any of you have any that I don't have I will hit you up. Thanks to those of you that have already reached out. This is no hurry so I will be getting back to you if interested in what you have. Also, another bummer is ALL of the trunk tools are missing, including the nut to hold the spare tire. It did come with an extra clam shell however (assume the original), I was wondering why this one was so clean. W&N new one. OH, it also came with a "custom" plastic cup from The Lounge! LOL...anyone know where that is?
Screenshot 2024-07-22 at 7.59.32 PM.png

Last edited:
YMMV, but I don't keep any of my tools in the clamshell holder. Too much weight on the plastic and the trunk lid in general.
But - for populating the tray for shows and such - Yep.....

So bummer, the only wrench that looks correct and needs some cleaning up is the 16/18 closed wrench. W. Germany Heyco Chrome Vandium. The 12/13 & 14/15 open ended wrenches are w. Germany but say DIN 895 (are those Porsche maybe?). Then another 12-13 that says, "Selected Special Steel W. Germany."

The two allen wrenches are "DIN 911 SW8 & SW6 Chrom Van." Are those Porsche as well? Good to have I guess but I don't believe correct.

The large closed wrench is a 17-19. I never saw one with the size you say I believe I have that and will check later and let you know. The valve tool is a direct copy of what Sam Stagg sells. I don't really know much about the Allen wrenches as I have only had one set and that was years ago. Unless I miss my guess what you are telling me for the open ends 12/13 and 14/15 are not correct sizes

Just making sure these were never part of the original tool kit. Everything needs to be Hayco W. Germany (Crom-Van) basically correct? Not DIN 895 W. Germany, Selected Special Steel W. Germany, or DIN 911 SW8 Chrom-Van. Talking about for my '74 coupe toolkit. These were in there along with some other sizes but I don't think correct. Only one Hayco wrench.

Attachments

• IMG_6190.jpg
    IMG_6190.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_6191.jpg
    IMG_6191.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 22
Also, if anyone has a coupe or Bavaria laying around rusting and not in a position when you sell that having tools in the clamshell will make a difference in the sale and you want to part them out, please let me know

Or visit a wrecking yard and notice one just sitting there, I always give them a once over. 9 out of 10 times the tools will be missing, but you never know? Neighbors, friends with anything in this condition that haven't touched them for years or know they will never restore would be another good source. Especially the Bavaria's.

Off topic question. I need the halogen? odd looking bulb to complete my 72 Bavaria tool kit. No idea how to find one, so if anyone has a spare or can send me a photo of the original I would love to have it.

Steve

Everything needs to be Hayco W. Germany (Crom-Van) basically correct?

Back