WTB Nardi steering wheel hub adapter

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have one that looks exactly like the one on Ebay. However I am not sure what it fits. I bought it for my E24 and the OD of the splines on the E24 are too large for it. If someone can put a caliper across an E9 splined shaft, I will check he opening size on mine. It is in pristine condition, but again, I am not sure what it is for.

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
I just double checked it and I cannot find any numbers on it, only Momo. After looking at it real hard, I have to think it is not for any of the older cars. The reason being is I think all the pre 83 cars had the same size coarse spline. This one will not fit on either coarse or fine spline shafts that I have and knowingly came from E24s.

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
I just took another look and my second look is telling me it is not for anything pre 87 BMW. The housing it self, although smooth, is a tapered plastic cone and is large. The 2002s. E3s,E9s,E12s and pre 83 E24s should all take the same adaptor, so mine is not correct.

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Glad to hear- when I checked on it later and it was gone/sold, I really hoped it was you, otherwise I was sending you out on a wild goose chase.

btw, there are (at least) two Nardi-Personal hubs that fit E9s. THe one you got is shorter, which is fine if you have a deeper dish steering wheel or want the wheel closer to the dash. The taller one is #0115. This one positions an average-dish wheel at about the normal factory distance. If you find yourself reaching too far for the wheel or that the directional and high/low stalks are too close to the wheel, you can pick up a 1/2" spacer pretty easily. If it matters to you, get a real Nardi/Personal one if you want the diameter and texture to match the hub.

Cateyes

Reaction score
Glad to hear- when I checked on it later and it was gone/sold, I really hoped it was you, otherwise I was sending you out on a wild goose chase.

btw, there are (at least) two Nardi-Personal hubs that fit E9s. THe one you got is shorter, which is fine if you have a deeper dish steering wheel or want the wheel closer to the dash. The taller one is #0115. This one positions an average-dish wheel at about the normal factory distance. If you find yourself reaching too far for the wheel or that the directional and high/low stalks are too close to the wheel, you can pick up a 1/2" spacer pretty easily. If it matters to you, get a real Nardi/Personal one if you want the diameter and texture to match the hub.

Thanks a lot for all the info
I will wait and see how it fits if I'm not happy I will get the
1/2 adapter... Where Do I get a Nardi/Personal adapter
I've look around and find only NGR?111279225251

Thanks

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
I got this photo from a current ebay auction by "group44lotus". The ones that most people sell don't have the textured surface. Having a shiny anodized surface next to the textured one drives me crazy - I know, I'm sick.

Attachments

• $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 106