WTB: Rear chrome cover under license plate - Italian version w/o fog light 51135734130

gyrospita

Reaction score
Hi,

I have an ex-Italian market car (Aug 73). Italian, French and Swedish cars came without the rear fog light and have no cutout in the body for one so I cannot switch to the German market one. Does anybody have a source for the cover panel?

Original panel is in otherwise good condition but one idiot previous owner drilled the license plate through the panel directly into the body...

Thanks

Hi,

I have an ex-Italian market car (Aug 73). Italian, French and Swedish cars came without the rear fog light and have no cutout in the body for one so I cannot switch to the German market one. Does anybody have a source for the cover panel?

Original panel is in otherwise good condition but one idiot previous owner drilled the license plate through the panel directly into the body...

Thanks
Hello, I do have chrome cover plate that installed between rear tail light, and I have American style and European with or without fog light hole, and I have the fog light for Euro style, let me know if you want one

Attachments

• 20221024_223143.jpg
    20221024_223143.jpg
    297.6 KB · Views: 135
Hello, I do have chrome cover plate that installed between rear tail light, and I have American style and European with or without fog light hole, and I have the fog light for Euro style, let me know if you want one

I can only kindly remind to be waiting for your feedback in regards to fog light. So far no feedback from You despite your assurances received in the past. :(

Keep in mind chrome vs aluminum. Euro was probably chrome, regardless, chrome just looks better as it matches the bumper and bezels.

I remember discussion with @HB Chris

It was mentioned aluminum were used in later E9s while metal, chromed were used in 2800cs and early cars without fog light.

I have found steel, chromed with opening for the fog light which could be "interim" version.

For sure chromed steel better matches taillight's frames despite of model year compliance.

Hope I haven't mixed something up.

Hi, thanks, looks like I need a chrome Euro one without foglight. Got one and what's your price?

The aluminium one is about 170 grams, the chromed brass weighs 600 grams. Just so you know.
My guess is that @Candia4441 parts are both Alu. Which isn't a bad thing in itself; they are almost half a kilo lighter!

Brass+Chrome above, Alu below. Notice the delta in the angle of the side walls in the 3 screw points; steep angle in chrome, less angle in the ALU version in bottom of pic.
1675332034969.png

more info here, including original pic from @Krzysztof :

Last edited:
I can only kindly remind to be waiting for your feedback in regards to fog light. So far no feedback from You despite your assurances received in the past. :(
Hello, I fined the fog light but unfortunately I lost you I couldn't fined you or better my memory is kind of messed up I forgot the name to look for you, sorry my friend

Hello, I fined the fog light but unfortunately I lost you I couldn't fined you or better my memory is kind of messed up I forgot the name to look for you, sorry my friend
Thanks for info. I will look elsewhere than

The aluminium one is about 170 grams, the chromed brass weighs 600 grams. Just so you know.
My guess is that @Candia4441 parts are both Alu. Which isn't a bad thing in itself; they are almost half a kilo lighter!

Brass+Chrome above, Alu below. Notice the delta in the angle of the side walls in the 3 screw points; steep angle in chrome, less angle in the ALU version in bottom of pic.
View attachment 156249
more info here, including original pic from @Krzysztof :
Went to the garage to check. My panel comes in at 680grams, so it can't be aluminium. Therefore I'd need one in chromed brass, Euro style, no foglight. @Candia4441 you got one?

Went to the garage to check. My panel comes in at 680grams, so it can't be aluminium. Therefore I'd need one in chromed brass, Euro style, no foglight. @Candia4441 you got one?
Hello, yes I do have one, it is not the brass one I think it is aluminum there are 2 kind one is brass and it is heavy that is on my 71- 2800cs but on my 73-3.0cs it is aluminum and very light, that's the one I have, let me know if you want it.

Why are buying from USA?
Have you spoken with the group in Germany? Last I checked they were available.

Attachments

• AA4653B5-9626-49A6-BAE5-4BAF36914C96.jpeg
    AA4653B5-9626-49A6-BAE5-4BAF36914C96.jpeg
    97.5 KB · Views: 113
Why are buying from USA?
Have you spoken with the group in Germany? Last I checked they were available.
Because i need the one without the cutout for the fog light as my car is ex-Italian. No opening in the body as well. I've not yet asked locally as I thought I'd have more luck internationally :)

I think it’s available?

Attachments

• FDB3DC52-D2F3-497B-AF28-A60C788CBB51.jpeg
    FDB3DC52-D2F3-497B-AF28-A60C788CBB51.jpeg
    141.8 KB · Views: 109
Back