WTB rear subframe piece

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'm looking for the main frame piece that is bolted across the rear of the car. I don't need the swing arms, bushings or anything else, just the piece that the driveshaft goes through. If anyone has one please let me know.

Thanks!!

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Well I have one, but it will be some time before I remove it. Are you doing some custom fab work to fit your new limited slip?

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Markos, probably need in about 4 weeks- can you do that? I could send you my old one if you need to roll your parts car around- here's the issue, when I welded the toe/camber adjusters in I was off on my weld on one side which is positioning my wheel 1/8 inch ahead of the other thus my handling problem so I need to start fresh. I could mess with the old one but I would have to grind off the adjusters and that would just make a "dog's breakfast" out of everything.

Please let me know how much when you can-

Thanks,

Peter

viphoto

Reaction score
I don't believe that the E3 and E9 shared a rear crossmember as the CL ad alludes to. That's according to the Real OEM part numbers.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Peter,

I'll let you know this week. The trailing arms, brakes, and LSD are spoken for so I might as well get on it. I'm supposed to be working from the top down but I'm slow as usual. Fortunately a PNW member on here has offered up dollies front and rear, so I don't think I need a replacement.

maxxfish

Site Donor
Reaction score
I've got one from my '74 E9, ready to ship from Richmond, VA

afeustel

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hey Peter,
Are you sure that the 1/8" is enough to make the difference? Heck, I'm not sure I could even measure 1/8" difference with any confidence in accuracy.

I was expecting more like 1/2" or more delta between the two sides.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Run like hell from the idiots at sutton engineering.
Infamous