WTB RH front fender rust cuts

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Anybody cutting up a fender? I need the little strip that sits inside the front fender that seats it to the A pillar.
Can throw up some pics.

Hi Wes,

Do you mean the metal part marked below?

1727080858884.png

Oh.

I know it was about to be fabricated new by Someone in more pieces, but in the end idea has been put on a side.

This part is typically damaged each time fender is off.

Difficult topic but nothing is impossible.

Good luck!

Reactions: Wes
Oh.

I know it was about to be fabricated new by Someone in more pieces, but in the end idea has been put on a side.

This part is typically damaged each time fender is off.

Difficult topic but nothing is impossible.

Good luck!
How long until fabrication starts? I'm nit in a big hurry but will need something in next year or so. Getting a body cut is another option.

Unfortunately - as far as I was informed - it might not start at all as for some "investors" there is not a business case behind for E9 body panels (I know you might be in opposite like me for example).

Just to clarify... it is noting related to me. It is way over my time and budget to fabricate on my own.

Such a part is hand crafted for people restoring E9 in many cases. True it is not as original but... it is a method. That kind of parts can be relatively easy reproduced by body part shop hammering over wooden form.

@Wes
Fyi, the 2000cs parts are very, very close in shape, but not identical. The curve at the top of the A-pillar is 2-3 mm off, but easily fixed by a body man.

As they are more readily available, it might be a good option.

I have a set of these 2000cs parts reproduced by a privateer locally some 10 years ago. He threw away the self made, but serious tooling after no-one wanted to buy it.

Reactions: Wes
@Wes
Fyi, the 2000cs parts are very, very close in shape, but not identical. The curve at the top of the A-pillar is 2-3 mm off, but easily fixed by a body man.

As they are more readily available, it might be a good option.

I have a set of these 2000cs parts reproduced by a privateer locally some 10 years ago. He threw away the self made, but serious tooling after no-one wanted to buy it.

That's handy to know. I was going to have a look at the e3 as well as wondering if they had a similar piece. I could probably form up a piece if push comes to shove.

Wes,

They are different as - fortunately for E3 - users the fenders are detachable (screw moounted).

E9's are welded-on.

E3 fender...
1727085455240.png

Back