WTB Rubber tipped duck bill rear spoiler

CSLCOUPE

Reaction score
Chuck, i would be interested in another one to modify it to work with this garbage wing i have,,, so i have both set-ups. So if you can send pics ill prob take your also.

The CAYMAN S is my dedicated HPDE track car. Great car,,,, i don't street drive it much, just to n fro track events.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Chuck,

not to go too far off topic with your question, i will start with - e9 coupes are so pretty (on topic information). i can speak to street driving of a cayman s ... as i drive one everyday. it is simply the most balanced car i have ever driven - with a reasonably high amount of power (295 hp), the newer ones - 2009+ have 320hp. if you have ever driven an e30 m3 (best driving bmw EVER), its all of that with 50% more power, and only weighs 200 pounds more. my car has pasm (active suspension) and sport chrono (fuel map advancing) which really are nice sports car adds. add a LSD, and its one of the most fun porsche designs ... sure, the 930 turbo and successors are wicked fast ... but its sub 5 seconds to 60. i will keep my cayman s along with my e9 for a long time to come.

your mileage may vary.
scott

roundel

Reaction score
wing splitters

I noticed someone saying they were making new rubber wing splitters. Might save you the trouble as I already made several batches. These are exact replicas of the originals except the steel spine/ threads are marine grade stainless & the rubber is more durable & does not fold over like the originals.
I have some in stock now.
Alex

iconoclast6

Reaction score
Chuck,

i can speak to street driving of a cayman s ... as i drive one everyday. it is simply the most balanced car i have ever driven - with a reasonably high amount of power (295 hp), the newer ones - 2009+ have 320hp. if you have ever driven an e30 m3 (best driving bmw EVER), its all of that with 50% more power, and only weighs 200 pounds more. my car has pasm (active suspension) and sport chrono (fuel map advancing) which really are nice sports car adds. add a LSD, and its one of the most fun porsche design ...

your mileage may vary.
scott

I drove a 2008 Cayman S a couple weeks ago. I was way amazed at the difference of a low center of gravity Cooper-S and the powerfully balanced Porsche. Question,
Is having the active suspension a dealer breaker when looking thru available used Cayman's?

Thanks Scott

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Chuck,

to tell you the truth, i rarely use PASM. it stiffens the suspension, but if i put the car on the track, even for parade laps, i hit that button. at high speed, on a smooth road - amazing.

if i made my list of must haves on a cayman s - it would be different things ... creature comforts - xenon lights, heated seats, sport chrono, navigation, bluetooth, sirius + ipod. the ones i wouldn't get, auto climate control, rain sensing wipers, park assist, power seats ... i'm on the fence about rear wiper, sport wheel, pasm and sport seats. my car has all of the above except sport seats. i would add LSD.