WTB Sanden 508 a/c compressor bracket

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Anyone have a bracket that will mount a rotary Sanden 508 style compressor to a stock M30 block? WTB thanks.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks I missed that eBay listing, the 2002 guy said before that he can't make one as cheaply as this:

http://www.amazon.com/Air-Products-Conditioning-Conversion-Kit/dp/B001G394K2

but $120 for a bracket seems high to me so am looking for cheaper alternatives.

I'd like to ditch the York bracket altogether.

will a 709 model compressor work better than a 508 (is it worth the added expense or is it overkill) in our cars and is it the same bracket size?

Thanks.

61porsche

Reaction score
Careful with brackets- it has to fit the curve of the block and the water jacket bump. Since you're not running Motronic , you don't have to worry about grinding to fit the crank sensor.

If your factory bracket is good meaning the isolating rubber bushes ; there's nothing wrong with it. I rebuilt mine using 1/2" pvc pipe and a couple of brass/ nylon bushes from the Depot.

As far as compressors, the 508 is tried and true. But as far as looking factory- BMW used Bosch for a period after York. The 508 is a wobble plate design where now or recently full rotary designs are available supposedly even more efficient. As far I know, Sandens are Chinese made now according to what I read a year ago or so. That's why they're cheap now.