WTB : Scheel Seat handle Cover?

loloe13

Reaction score
Hi all!

Would anyone know where I can source this little rubber handle?
This plastic handle goes over that lever at the back of the seat, for lifting the Scheel seats for better rear seat access.
I don't think they are BMW parts so I could not find them listed on RealOEM at all.

I am after 2x of these if available, or can someone point me to the right supplier?

Thanks in advance!
Gavin

Attachments

• P7150350e.jpg
    P7150350e.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 143

loloe13

Reaction score
no luck yet..

Gerrit replied. He doesn't have any in stock at the moment, but he will let me know if he finds them.
Meanwhile, my search continues......

Richard: were the lifting rails also made by Scheel back then or BMW?

-Gavin

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that he's out of stock. As far as the rails, I've assumed that they were a Scheel item but honestly, I don't know.

Do you need some rail parts?

loloe13

Reaction score
I hope he does not mind that I reprint his reply :

" I am out of those at the moment, but will let you know when I get some more. They were also mounted on the recliner levers of the half bucket Scheel seats "

I hope its more just the foreseeable future.....
Anyone knows what the 'half bucket Scheel seats' look like? more in 911s?

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
When I saw your first photo, I thought that the lever looked familiar - and Gerrit's reply confirms it. It appears to be the same as the back release lever on the Scheels more commonly found in 2002s. There was a set on sale a while ago and I downloaded the photo (below, left). They are not the same cover as the ones found on other reclining mechanisms which have a tread textured finger indent (below, right) - these are the ones you'll find more commonly in 911s and E9s - like mine. But, I don't know how helpful this is because they are in high demand among the 2002 (and euro Ford) crowd and don't come up for sale often and I have not seen the parts listed separately on those either.

Attachments

• DSC08282.JPG
    DSC08282.JPG
    9.4 KB · Views: 92
  • 0381339044942.jpg
    0381339044942.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 86

loloe13

Reaction score
Thankyou! Its good to get more info for it.
I found this eBay listing with the 2002 Scheel seat that you described, yep, got the lever that I want on it....
but not sure about paying for the whole seat just for the lever cover.... :roll:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SCHEEL-A...421134847?pt=DE_Autoteile&hash=item5892ddd9ff

I will keep looking and hope that Gerrit can get back to me soon.

Usually, I hardly have to lift the seats up as rear passengers are rare, and I even cannot really see the little lever unless you look for it, yet having one missing just bothers me so much...