WTB The final few parts

lsquaredb

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Every time I think I have everything needed to finish the car, something else has to be replaced. It's like painting the Golden Gate Bridge; it never ends. Anyway, here is the list of what I'm trying to find:

1x Electric window gearbox (or the nylon gear) which goes with the sardine can motor. A kind list member lent one so the car could go back together, and I have to replace it.

1x Horizontal felt brush for the door window. Part # 51211816761 Dealer says is NLA.

2x Rubber gaskets for bottom of doors. Part # 51216740185

1x Synthetic strip for edge of chrome trim at top of door. Part # 54129734126

3x Oval blind plugs for the floor. Roughly 2" x 7/8". These aren't in the W+N or RealOEM catalogs. The car is a couple of days away from being done after 4 years, and these @#$%^&* plugs are preventing the interior from going in.

Thanks.

Leonard
'70 2800CSA Bristol

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Last edited:

lsquaredb

Reaction score
Aerch, I just emailed you.

The felt brush shows up as available on RealOEM, but the dealer checked on the computer and said it's NLA. It was the same guy that said my car is an E12 and an E28, so maybe it's worth a shot ordering elsewhere.

lsquaredb

Reaction score
I tried ordering the felt brush from bmwofsouthatlanta.com, and they say that it's NLA and will be removed from their website. They are getting me the synthetic strip however, so there is some progress.

frogisland

Reaction score
Has anyone come across an alternative solution to the outer felt trim? Mine are in quite poor condition. I've had a good look on the internet at possible alternatives but drawn a blank. The only conclusion I could draw was to use the same type as the inner, which is widely available, and bond onto the trim perhaps with the use of some clips.

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
The felt trim is NLA as are the rubber pieces that you need. The plugs you are referring to I believe are the ones at the passenger and driver's floor boards, they are oval and are inspection covers. They are made of plastic and are also NLA. I would just figure out how to cover them with a thin piece of metal. Dab a little silicone on the edges to keep them from moving. Do not seal them tight.

As for the felt, talk to your local upholstery shop to see if they can wrap your old felt pieces in new felt. you might have to cut up some aluminum and cover in felt for the quarter windows since those pieces are also NLA.

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
As for the felt, talk to your local upholstery shop to see of the can wrap your old felt pieces in new felt. you might have to cut up some aluminum and cover in felt for the quarter windows since those pieces are also NLA.

Ugh I was just removing these the other night and they tore. I said to myself: "I hope BMW still makes these"

Last edited:

lsquaredb

Reaction score
The oval plugs in the link were too big or too small. I tried looking at similar plugs for other kinds of cars, but in nearly all cases no dimensions were given.

Window felts and these plugs seem to be much rarer than red screwdrivers and Petri steering wheels.

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm willing to trade a plug for a Petri or red screw driver....

Attachments

• 20150505_222855.jpg
    20150505_222855.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 102

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
Regarding the round plug (or hole actually...) next to the oval one, also my dealer came up emtpy handed.

Alan, you seem to be 'plug-knowledgeble'; what partnumber should fit there? I believe the same part is used also on the passenger side, 2 under the rear seat and 3 of them in the trunk, on the raised section between the wheels.
Erik.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I am pretty sure I bought the round ones from Penske earlier this year. I can check for a part number later today

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Every time I think I have everything needed to finish the car, something else has to be replaced. It's like painting the Golden Gate Bridge; it never ends. Anyway, here is the list of what I'm trying to find:

1x Electric window gearbox (or the nylon gear) which goes with the sardine can motor. A kind list member lent one so the car could go back together, and I have to replace it.

1x Horizontal felt brush for the door window. Part # 51211816761 Dealer says is NLA.

2x Rubber gaskets for bottom of doors. Part # 51216740185

1x Synthetic strip for edge of chrome trim at top of door. Part # 54129734126

3x Oval blind plugs for the floor. Roughly 2" x 7/8". These aren't in the W+N or RealOEM catalogs. The car is a couple of days away from being done after 4 years, and these @#$%^&* plugs are preventing the interior from going in.

Thanks.

Leonard
'70 2800CSA Bristol
Hi;
I believe eithe coupkink or coupguy sell the brush by the foot.

Layne

Site Donor
Reaction score