WTB: Trunk interior trim panel above rear lights

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi, Does anyone have the trim panel that covers the rear lights inside the trunk?

Doug

phead82

Reaction score
DeQ,

I'd be also very interested in those templates of yours, if possible?
I'd also like to go ahead and redo my entire trunk so a template would be a huge help!

Patrick

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
or, are you talking about the trim panel at the back of the trunk - that surrounds the lights and wraps over the top of the lights? this is the piece that is wrapped in elephant skin. traditionally these do not last well on cars that haven't been well taken care of (parts cars). it is rare to find a very good original one.

if this is the piece you are talking about, send me your email address and i will send you a pdf of this panel - cut out of panel board in 2 pieces ... then taped / glued together + wrapped in elephant skin.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
NLA,
Better DIY, post 13 on:

http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10012&page=3

where are you located ? i have the templates done to save you some work,...

deQ ... if you have the templates, i would be happy to draw them in autocad format and we could give people access to pdfs ... like i have for the rear trunk panel. i guess i could also draw the trunk panels ... although i'm not sure mine are original.

bwalvoord

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Templates

I will tackle the rear trunk while my the front of the car is being sorted. If you have the templates, could you email them to me? I think you have my email address already.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
dont know how to help
i can not draw them
if my templates are of any use, just like they are, they work if they are used in the same way that i used them
if that is the case and if rsporsche can draw them to share i will be happy to send him a paper template copy by normal mail

remark, the strange thing is that you have the templates already, so why do toyou need my templates for ?

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wow, this forum is amazingly helpful. I'm about to hit 30 years of daily coupe driving and thought I'd finally sort out the trunk that has been abused over the years by backpacks when it was my minivan for carpooling kids around and my pick up truck for way too many trips to Home Depot.

I am in Miami and yes it is the wrap around trim panel that surrounds the lights that was missing when I bought car.

rsporsche, I would appreciate the PDF and will send you my email.

Thanks,

Doug

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Doug,

i haven't seen your PM - with your email address to send you the pdf of the trunk panel

scott

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Patrick,

for some reason, i don't get emails that are sent thru the forum. i replied to your PM and sent you my email address.

scott

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
Scott,

I had sent you an email but just read below that you do recieve them.

I just sent you a PM,

Thanks again,

Doug

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Stan, you decided to cut out the pieces over the bumps, rather than forming them. hadn't seen that done before.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Stan, you decided to cut out the pieces over the bumps, rather than forming them. hadn't seen that done before.

That was an execution error. I cut out the hardboard but was supposed to have left the elephant skin intact so it could follow the bulge. I need up putting pieces in after.