WTB/UK 5-speed o/d gearbox

Paul02

Reaction score
Looking for a five speed overdrive box to fit to an E12 535i engine. Must be the correct box as I am told speedo drive is different on say an E28 gearbox.

I am based in London but can travel in the UK.

Many thanks
Paul 07974 097653

sprintevo

Reaction score
Overdrive Box

I have a 5 Speed overdrive Getrag 265 box which I was going to use as a spare for my race car - this is the one you need as you can adapt or change the speedo drive to suit
I am based in the UK in shropshire - It is from an early 635 and was fitted as a sport gearbox .
My contact details are 07768157170

Paul02

Reaction score
Thanks , I have sent you a message . Unfortunately thats over four times as expensive as I have been quoted by others for the gearbox I am after . Unless of course your gearbox is a different type which I am unaware of.
But thanks anyway.
Paul

dj_efk

Reaction score
Hi Paul,

I'm after exactly the same - If you come across 2 then remember me and I'll likewise do the same! :)

In the meantime I've managed to come across a CSL LSD diff for £250 delivered. This has a taller ratio so presents another option if you can find another? Or maybe I was just lucky...

Orangener

Reaction score
Found only this scan :oops:

5-speedGetragoverdrivegearbox.jpg

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
The "sport" gear box is not an OD box, but, rather a close ratio box, with a direct drive 5th gear. You also should get a Getrag 265 box with the removeable bellhousing, and make sure the bell housing provides for the two sensors you will need to provide input for the Motronic if you are using that system.. There is also a Getrag 260 OD box, but no where as good as a 265 Od. The close ratio box is also referred to a a dog leg because of the shift pattern, which has first gear all the way to the left and down. These boxes work best with the 3.07 differential. If you go with an OD box, then you can run lower diff gears.