4 of 51721821358
or
4 of 51721825951

Door Piping
4 of 51411813381

Any leads to vendors or someone selling would be appreciated

Last edited:
Danny

i presume the aluminum edge is the one that mounts behind the front edge of the rear card (like a door panel). nobody i know of sells them new. they can be refinished by Speedway - polished / ceramic coated. i may have a spare pair - i will look tomorrow.

the edge piping / door piping - NLA ... but any good upholstery shop should be able to make them. i can trace the ones that i have for you. might have one that i can send to you as an example ... but i will need it back.

defroster vent - @aguirola is making them ... he is in El Salvador.

best
scott

Danny,

so far i have only found the spare front trims. i will keep looking through other boxes to see if i can find them in case Alvaro ( @alprada70 ) isn't making these.

door piping - i have my pieces (front and rear) - i will do some detail drawings and send you pdfs so you can have them made ... i will also post them on the forum for other people in need. the piping diameter is 5mm. the overall length of these are 610mm (front) and 600mm (rear) and are 23m wide - the fold around the piping cord stops 10mm from the edge and is sewn tight against the cord. the piping starts at the top of the door and extends to the bottom and wraps around the bottom corner for 2" to 3". there are cutouts to help turn the corner as well around all of the plastic clips to hold the door panel to the door. my recommendation is to glue the piping to the door panel.

rear edge piping - these are wider diameter (10mm) , unfortunately my rear ones must be with the rear metal trims and i haven't them yet. i have my front trims ... so i am probably in the same boat as you (in need)

scott

Last edited:
I am trying to figure out why they are always so beat up, especially since most of us do not have rear passengers. This is something that we all would welcome reproductions of along with the strips along the roof edge below the gasket (that people not in the know try to pry off with various tools not knowing there are screws below the gaskets).

the seat belt gets caught between the seat and the trim - at least that's what i believe happens

Yes I got the eBay parts. My mechanic says there are two sets. For front and rear and they look the same so when these arrive we’ll be able to determine which is which.
The ones you bought are fronts, they have tighter <90 degree angle at the bottom where as the the rear are more upright. I have been looking for rears for a bit, and have only seen an incomplete set in the last couple months.

for those interested in the drawing of the piping - i have posted it in the FAQ, see below for the link - it is in post #17
https://e9coupe.com/forum/threads/e9-parts-dimensions-drawings-technical-info-and-models.43743/

here is a pic of the metal trims - the longer trim with the scalloped edge is for the rear.
1722450947736.jpeg

Back