WTB Voltage regulator cover+relays

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I would like my under hood electrical components to look new. Does anyone have a photo of the finish of the voltage regulator or a source for a new regulator/cover that looks OE and unblemished ? I'd like new relays too. This is purely a cosmetic quest for me (How Shallow!)

Tia

MMercury

Reaction score
Below finish is typical. Different batches might have expected variations. Notice, for example the shop manual photo clearly indicating differences in finish. Some later OE examples tend to be less shiny or cosmetically less pleasant.

Bear in mind that most Euro manufacturers (i.e., Mercedes, Volvo, VW) shared many of same Bosch electronics and same/similar finishes.

3722451.jpg

31410001_z.jpg

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Not sure how I thanked you before you posted your reply, but I just felt it coming.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I would like my under hood electrical components to look new. Does anyone have a photo of the finish of the voltage regulator or a source for a new regulator/cover that looks OE and unblemished ? I'd like new relays too. This is purely a cosmetic quest for me (How Shallow!)

Tia

send a PM to you

this is my arrangement

101020073624.jpg

i must confess that my left side relay is a "fake" one, let me explain it:

when I bought the car the right side relay was the original, but the left one was a yellow plastic one, so after months of searching for original relays someone told me about using the cylindric cover of a broken relay as an aesthetic solution

so I emptied the broken relay using a dremel tool without damaging the aluminium cover, and i used the cover as a "hat" for my plastic relay

it looks good, right ?

remark: in the third opening you can see an aerial fuse for the "special" installation of relais for the rear electric powered windows that was kindly explained in this forum (was stevehose i guess ??)

Last edited:

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I had a bit of success with some Fast Orange brand hand cleaner tidying up the Voltage regulator. Looks Pretty good now. Tried a few solvents on it, but the mild abrasive in the hand cleaner did the best job. I'll post a photo later.