WTB Washer Pump/Wiper Arm

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Looking for a pump for the pissers. And a black wiper arm, preferably passenger but driver ok. Thanks, Steve

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
if you look at the drawing, you can see the different mounting bracket. a new one from BMW is 100 bucks from getbmwparts.com 61671359116 - MSRP is 125 bucks. so spending 50 bucks and swapping the bracket is a great idea

Attachments

• windshield washer pump.jpg
    windshield washer pump.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 153

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
the Siemens / VDO pump is a direct fit. i would be happy to check the part number on mine if it of interest to anyone to make sure they get the right one.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
here is a picture of the pump that i bought with the part number on it ... so you can verify and buy the right one. as you can see, the bracket fit right on it. i checked the part number that was on the ebay link - it is the same as this one 928 628 074 01 (this is a porsche 928 part number) ... the other part number is a BMW number 61661358328 and that is for a 2002, e3 and e12. the only difference in the unit and the e9 unit is the bracket

Attachments

• e9 washer.jpg
    e9 washer.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Are you positive the pump is broken. If you take the geaxbox off you can test the motor and gears. My motor was fine but the gears had corroded stuck. Cleaned & oiled, works fine now but since it is never used and is always in contact with the fluid will likely need it again at some point.

Looking for a pump for the pissers. And a black wiper arm, preferably passenger but driver ok. Thanks, Steve

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wow! I try to source a part and I get the World! Thanks, Guys for all the digging and replies. Steve

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Steve,

that's what we do ... we share what we have found to work ... out of necessity. the metal color difference of the back plate bothered me, being more silver than gold ... until i realized that you can't easily see it without taking the reservoir off.