THE CROSS BAR
THE ONE THAT HOLDS THE GLOVE BOX TO THE DASH

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
NEED THE RIGHT GLOVE BOX BRACKET THAT HOLDS
THE CROSS BAR
THE ONE THAT HOLDS THE GLOVE BOX TO THE DASH

Just to clarify. This is the glove box bracket that you asked for dimensions on right? The one that I used a drill and ultimately a pry bar to remove. The one that I traced onto cardboard and mailed directly to you so you could fabricate?

Just making sure we are talking about the same bracket. :D

49995E93-909F-4CB2-965D-3D6D1A8F9D34.jpeg

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
thanks god the title is self explaining
i wonder how many people with the mentioned bracket refrains from clicking on that title ruining a perf3ct deal
it helps alan to say the things in the same line straight, and it does not cost a fee per character

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
AERCH,
( just so you feel at home I'll throw in some caps for fun)

If you're haNdy with an angle grinder I would advise to mAke it yourself.
Easy waY is to firstly make the bend, and trim the excess material after it. Measure aNd drill the holes last.

Leave oUt the extra reinforcing ridge, just choose material about 1,5 MM thick That will work just as fine, but it ain't 100% original, should you care.

Making A simple, singlE bend prevents you having to make difficult calculations on Dimensions around the curve.
You could even see if you can find an existing metal piece, aS it basically is just a section from a square or rectangular tube or angled piece.

If angle grinders are beyond your skill set I will happily bend you a piece and mail it. You drilL the holes yourself.
(However the carbon footprint of that action would make it very irresponsible and you would have to plant a tree for me in your Garden, water it every weekend and send me a picture every year. )
Erik.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
You are cracking me up, Erik.

Truth is, it is a very simple part to make once you ignore the reinforcing rib. (EDIT: once you omit the need for it by using thicker metal) ;)

Last edited:

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
AERCH,
( just so you feel at home I'll throw in some caps for fun)

If you're haNdy with an angle grinder I would advise to mAke it yourself.
Easy waY is to firstly make the bend, and trim the excess material after it. Measure aNd drill the holes last.

Leave oUt the extra reinforcing ridge, just choose material about 1,5 MM thick That will work just as fine, but it ain't 100% original, should you care.

Making A simple, singlE bend prevents you having to make difficult calculations on Dimensions around the curve.
You could even see if you can find an existing metal piece, aS it basically is just a section from a square or rectangular tube or angled piece.

If angle grinders are beyond your skill set I will happily bend you a piece and mail it. You drilL the holes yourself.
(However the carbon footprint of that action would make it very irresponsible and you would have to plant a tree for me in your Garden, water it every weekend and send me a picture every year. )
Erik.
CARBON IS OFFSET USING JUST ONE SENTENCE NO PERIODS AND ONE CASE

Wladek

Reaction score
You don't have to make calculations for reinforcement & don't have to ignore it - take slightly larger sheet of metal than part should be, bent it to 90 degree in vice or something similar, flat side of part clamp in vice, under side where reinforcement should be put sheet of soft wood and precisely hit with hammer (to make reinforcement) after that make final cut/corrections according to genuine dimensions.

As Erik mentioned - if you will tak thicker metal, you don't have to make reinforcement

Last edited: