York A/C Compressor - free

jmackro

Reaction score
I replaced the reciprocating York compressor on my 2800CS with a Sanden rotary recently. The shop that did the swap left my old York and its bracket in a box in the trunk. When I asked the mechanic why he didn't just recycle it, he said "aw, someone is going to want that - it still works".

Well, I'm skeptical, but I will ask - anyone want a York compressor model M171928, PT R210R-20914, made in Dacatur, Illinois? It was running R12 when removed last week and seemed to be leaking a bit (though the car still cooled pretty well). The bracket might have value for someone wanting to mount a supercharger, auxilliary generator, or power take-off to their coupe.

Free, but you either pick up or pay shipping (and it IS heavy)

Attachments

• York compressor 001.jpg
    York compressor 001.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 147
  • York compressor 002.jpg
    York compressor 002.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 121
  • York compressor 003.jpg
    York compressor 003.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 118
  • York compressor 004.jpg
    York compressor 004.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 137

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hmmm, why am I so drawn to this, perhaps because it is free. Are you going to Cars and Coffee tomorrow? Perhaps we could meet there for the exchange.

Thank you,
Mike

jmackro

Reaction score
Mike:

I would love to give it to you, and I am often at C&C. However today I have a competing automotive event going on. Will probably be at C&C on Saturday the 26th - how about then?

jmackro

Reaction score
By "these compressors" do you mean the Yorks? Gee, if you had asked me a week ago, I could have complied. Perhaps the picture of the compressor & bracket at the start of this thread will help. I can take other pictures of those two components if that would be useful.

I would say that a dismantler would be your best source for a bracket. LaJolla Independent probably has them.

61porsche

Reaction score
a/c bracket mounting

Ref: Jays bracket picture:

1) The larger half bolts to the block. Two bolts on the block face and two on the side.

2) The smaller square piece of the same bracket bolts to the side of the compressor with 4 bolts.

The assembly swings for belt adjustment with the bars.

The same bracket was used on other M30s. Also try big sixes- early types. Someone in Dallas was selling a new one last week.

The bushings- can be remade of 1/2 PVC pipe ( top) and nylon bushings( bottom). Sometimes you can find them- Mercedes used them. Another alternate is to try one from a later car that BMW made- look really close.
Maximillian shows the part number; but what was sent didn't work for me. These are the parts that most people complain of rattling.

Hope this helps a bit.

tom

Reaction score
YORK compressor (and 2 pipes)

Hello - i´m searching a YORK compressor (and 2 pipes) - has someone still one left for me? Thanks, Tom from Germany.

jmackro

Reaction score
Hello - i´m searching a YORK compressor (and 2 pipes) - has someone still one left for me? Thanks, Tom from Germany.

Tom:

I gave mine to OCCoupe four years ago, so I can't help you. Don't know of any other sources, and besides, if deQuincey, or someone else in Europe has one, that would make shipping simpler. Those things are heavy.