'YOU WILL HAVE A CABRIO,TARGA AND A COUPE AT THE SAME TIME'

SteveM

Reaction score
While sizing up the market before I put my beloved coupe up for sale, I came across this wonderful example of individualism at work. I especially love the optism evidenced by the sales pitch above.

Also of note is an interior that would make a 70's Cadillac designer blush and the twin side pipe exhaust detail. The latter remarkable for both the effort involved and the irrelevance of the detail itself.

http://www.anamera.com/en/detail/car/24433/index.html?no_cache=1&ret=63

There are some lovely cars on this site but I'm not sure how close to the market some of the prices are.

SteveM

Reaction score
While sizing up the market before I put my beloved coupe up for sale, I came across this wonderful example of individualism at work. I especially love the optism evidenced by the sales pitch above.

Also of note is an interior that would make a 70's Cadillac designer blush and the twin side pipe exhaust detail. The latter remarkable for both the effort involved and the irrelevance of the detail itself.

http://www.anamera.com/en/detail/car/24433/index.html?no_cache=1&ret=63

There are some lovely cars on this site but I'm not sure how close to the market some of the prices are.

chicane

Reaction score
You know this may surprise some but I always thought the E9 was a natural for the convertable treatment. Stunning actually, I'm surprised that BMW never did it. Now that interior.....

chicane

Reaction score
You know this may surprise some but I always thought the E9 was a natural for the convertable treatment. Stunning actually, I'm surprised that BMW never did it. Now that interior.....

pj

Reaction score
I love the droptop coupes, the lines are perfect for it, wow me and chic are agreeing again, This car though wtf, really if you get to the point of doing the cabrio conversion (which imho looks great) why would you do that stupid exhaust treatment (which took some time & effort and is well executed but still stupid).
Coupe interiors are classy from the get-go, so restore them and let them be, if my old coupe would have had the origionial interior I wouldnt have
changed it.
End of rant
have fun

pj

Reaction score
I love the droptop coupes, the lines are perfect for it, wow me and chic are agreeing again, This car though wtf, really if you get to the point of doing the cabrio conversion (which imho looks great) why would you do that stupid exhaust treatment (which took some time & effort and is well executed but still stupid).
Coupe interiors are classy from the get-go, so restore them and let them be, if my old coupe would have had the origionial interior I wouldnt have
changed it.
End of rant
have fun

chicane

Reaction score
Re-upholster that car and yes re-do the exhaust and you could have a beautiful car. As it stands now it looks like something left of from one of Batman's villains in the 60's TV show version.

chicane

Reaction score
Re-upholster that car and yes re-do the exhaust and you could have a beautiful car. As it stands now it looks like something left of from one of Batman's villains in the 60's TV show version.

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
drop top...

I will agree that its a pretty car with the top down, but with the top up, it looks like the Eiffel tower clad in cloth (last pic). I'm from the Billy Joel school, "dont go changing, to try and please me..I love you just the way you are...". I guess that's what makes horse races...

Of course, few ragtops look good in the up position; like a hat with the ear flaps down... Anybody remember the Ferrari 330gtc targa that was on the cover of Road & Track (silver?) back around '68? Had the brushed aluminum roll bar like a 911/912. A one-off by (maybe) Pete Brock? I could see that on a coupe.... Dave V in NC

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
drop top...

I will agree that its a pretty car with the top down, but with the top up, it looks like the Eiffel tower clad in cloth (last pic). I'm from the Billy Joel school, "dont go changing, to try and please me..I love you just the way you are...". I guess that's what makes horse races...

Of course, few ragtops look good in the up position; like a hat with the ear flaps down... Anybody remember the Ferrari 330gtc targa that was on the cover of Road & Track (silver?) back around '68? Had the brushed aluminum roll bar like a 911/912. A one-off by (maybe) Pete Brock? I could see that on a coupe.... Dave V in NC