Zaino Candy Shop - where do I start

E9KNZ047

Reaction score
I have just realised we can get Zaino in Australia and recall that it was highly recommended by E9 site members ie. the brand to buy over all others.
I 'checked out' the different products available and can provide a very convincing argument to myself to buy each one of them - better idea I thought would be to canvass advice from the user group.
My paint and interior condition I would regard as probably above average but not first class. The car is garaged but used daily so I would be looking for something that that has some longevity to it. No problem spending a few hours going through the step by step process to set it up but not really wanting to spend every weekend touching the old girl up - if you get my drift.
Looking for some advice from those experienced the Zaino options

steve in reno

Reaction score
Zaino

I also, on group recommendation, started using Zaino's.
I used the All in One(cleaner), and Clear Seal. A small amount goes a long way. Pricey, but worth it!
My paint was 18 years old last year when I started. I also used rubbing polish before using the Zaino product for the first time, due to the age.
Zaino's goes on, and off, very quick and the gleam, and shine, when you are done will last a long time. There are many other product in their line.
I will never go back to a wax.
I am a satisfied customer.
steve

glenn in encinitas

Site Donor
Reaction score
EKNZ047-

Remove all prior waxes, etc. first. Here in the U.S. the blue colored "Dawn" dish soap is alkaline enough to remove that sort of stuff. Don't use it for every wash, but occasional use is OK. They have a car wash product that works fine for regular washings if you must. I don't find the need to wash the E9's as once you have the Zaino system applied, a detail mist is all you really need to keep the car up to snuff.

Once you are happy that you have a "clean" car, then use the clay bar. Then I'd use their fusion polish to really get yourself to the point where you're starting with your best foot forward. A random orbital polisher with a big blue foam bonnet works great and you can never burn the paint with it. Good random orbitals are available from Porter Cable and/or Griots. Griots used to re-brand the Porter Cable, but now have their own manufacturer.

I'd recommend that even for a daily driver, and while it is "good enough" the Zaino AIO product is not their best effort. I'd recommend you go through the Z2/Z5Pro route with Z6 as a final detail spray. Z5Pro is as easy to apply as AIO and leaves a glossier finish. I've tried both on light and dark cars and have had the same conclusion.

The ZFX is no longer necessary as the Z5Pro's formulation has effectively replaced it.

The Z8 detail spray is no better than the Z6, but is more expensive.

The Clear Seal adds little to the end product, in my opinion, but I've only tried it on silver cars. Darker cars may get more benefit.

Finally, the leather product is good, if not very good. I've used Connoly leather treatment as well as Griots leather care products and now only use the Zaino as it is convenient to order from one source and for no other reason.

While it may appear that I'm knocking some of their products, that's not the case. The only reason for my comments is that some of their products are better than others.

These are my opinions only and others' mileage may vary.

NewSixCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Their Clear Seal is amazing. I've had incredible results on my coupe's Fjord Blue paint. (PM for pics.) Both the Z8 and Z6 are good, but I agree that there is little difference between them. Also, the Z16 Tire Gloss Enhancer is great for all exterior rubber and vinyl; goes on easy, is not greasy, and lasts a long time. I also use it for interior vinyl...