Zenith Carb shed find

jabloomf1230

Reaction score
Today I was cleaning out a storage shed on my property and I discovered the original Zenith carbs from my 1972 CS USA. They were replaced probably 20 years ago with Weber DGAVs and I was surprised that I still had the Zeniths . I can't vouch for their condition given the time that they have been stored, but the car was running okay when I removed them. In my opinion they are rebuildable.

If you are interested in these instruments of Teutonic mechanical torture, PM me with your bid and zip code (for shipping costs, continental US only, sorry). Highest offer takes them. PayPal only.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Default Rules for classified ads
Ads must be BMW related. An ad for a vehicle other than a CS is fine, but keep it in the family!

Its good practice (and saves everyone a lot of time) to list the following in your ad:

1) Location

2) PRICE...........

This really isn't an auction site.
Could you list a price please?

Thanks!

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
They sell for $100-$150 if in VG. There is set on eBay now for $60, second time around. And your linked carbs include manifolds, a good air cleaner, rebuild kits, etc.

Last edited:

jabloomf1230

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for their comments. I started off with "best offer", but then I received a complaint that I didn't list a price. So I made up a price. Honestly, I wasn't trying to make a buck on these. I was just trying to find them a good home. In the past, I've sold leftover parts for just the shipping. Ask DeQuincey. I recently sent him a box of hard to find seat trim parts and hardware for free.

I'll let this stay active until 11/1 and then I'm going to chuck them in the dumpster.

jmackro

Reaction score
I'll let this stay active until 11/1 and then I'm going to chuck them in the dumpster.

picture-via-national-lampoon.jpg

Wasn't the caption of this cover: "Buy my carburetors or I'll chuck them in the dumpster. And shoot this dog." ?

Jabloom: I hope you know we're laughing with you.

Last edited:

Ives

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Funniest Mag Cover Ever!

JMackro,

I had forgot all about that National Lampoon cover from the wayback. When I saw the original on the newsstand I bought the magazine because I didn't want the dog to get offed.

Thanks for posting it.

Regards, Jon

jmackro

Reaction score
JWhen I saw the original on the newsstand I bought the magazine because I didn't want the dog to get offed.

What were you thinking, wasting your money on a silly magazine! In January, 1973 you could have walked into a BMW dealer and bought a new coupe!

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
He was probably 11 like I was, I had to hide that magazine form my parents, my favorite ad was the "Pack" CB radio spoof - "with a Pack CB radio, you have the world by the nuts" with the guy taking advantage of the chick who's car broke down. Funny stuff

What were you thinking, wasting your money on a silly magazine! In January, 1973 you could have walked into a BMW dealer and bought a new coupe!

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
JMackro,

I had forgot all about that National Lampoon cover from the wayback. When I saw the original on the newsstand I bought the magazine because I didn't want the dog to get offed.

Thanks for posting it.

Regards, Jon

i've got a record album that is a picture disk - with the gun, if you don't buy this record, we'll shoot this dog

Ives

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
1973 Wheels

Jmackro,

In 1973 I was driving a 1972 VW Squareback after trading in my Silver 1968 2002, definitely a step or two down. At $10k+ I opted to buy a $26k house in Portland OR rather than a Coupe. Truth be told I couldn't even afford a Bavaria.

Regards, Jon

Ives

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Different Generation

He was probably 11 like I was, I had to hide that magazine form my parents, my favorite ad was the "Pack" CB radio spoof - "with a Pack CB radio, you have the world by the nuts" with the guy taking advantage of the chick who's car broke down. Funny stuff
Steve,

I was 27 in 1973 and did not have to worry about my folks finding The National Lampoon. My wife did find the humor a bit sick so I hid it from her. I can still see in my minds eye the moment I saw that ad in person. I think The National Lampoon must have recruited some people from Mad Magazine.

Regards, Jon

jmackro

Reaction score
In 1973 I was driving a 1972 VW Squareback after trading in my Silver 1968 2002, definitely a step or two down.

Come to think of it, I was driving a 1968 1600 BMW in 1973. And yea, a new e9 would have been waaayyy out of my range. I think DEC was paying me about $12,000 a year back then.

jabloomf1230

Reaction score
Jabloom: I hope you know we're laughing with you.

This thread reminds me of the story about the guy at the old Fulton Fish Market in NYC. He puts up a sign reading "Fresh Fish for Sale". An old lady comes by and says to him, "My word. Why does your sign say fresh? Of course they are fresh, would you be selling smelly, old fish?" So the guy crosses off the word fresh.

Then a young kid walks by and say, "Man, what a dumb sign! Of course the fish are for sale, you're not giving them away for free are you?" The fishmonger takes his black marker and crosses out the word free.

Finally, the beat cop strolls by and sees the sign. He ponders it for a minute and says quietly, "You know sir, it may not be my place to criticize your sign, but it's pretty obvious that those things there are fish."

At that point the fishmonger grabs the sign and tears it into little pieces.

mr bump

Reaction score
Bit of a temper youve got there fella. First member polity made it clear what the advertising rules were and your toys realy came out your pram when you found out that your 2 decade plus old zenith door chocs were not worth what you thought.
the forum members were not having a go at you, just helping you in the right direction thats all.
As the youths on the streets would say in their modern, non Shakespearian communication nethod..."chillax guy an tek time init". ;-) :-D