CS Registry... "online"

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Okay, here's the latest...

The e9-driven.com registry has been down for a while now and I'm not clear on its future, so, I've gotten another program operating at the original domain bmwcsregistry.org and we can post our coupes there. I purposely made it very simple. I think JJ said that he has a copy of the original database entries from e9-driven.com so at some point we can either sync those entries to the new database at the new site or resurrect e9-driven.com.

It won't hurt my feelings if you don't submit your coupe on the new site if you already submitted it on the old database, but at least you know its not dead and we'll get it all straightened out at some point.

BTW, the new site is still being tweaked and we can make changes along the way...

www.bmwcsregistry.com/list

Dan

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks Dan!

I haven't heard from JJ but I can take care of duplicates on the database side if I get access to the data in the future.

jhjacobs

Reaction score
I want to apologize for the long delay in working on the E9-Driven Registry. At the time Network Solutions shut down the site my mother got extremely ill. She battled a protracted and painful situation for many long month and eventually passed away in March. This had had me running extremely long days and I am just now getting back to my normal hectic pace. I have now transferred the E9-Driven Registry to GoDaddy and set it up for enhanced security. It should take about a week for the domain to transfer and I expect to have the entire site transferred and ready to roll once the domain is moved. It might take me a few more days to get the automated functions working again but the content should be available pretty quickly.

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
JJ,

Sorry to hear of your Mother's illness and passing. You certainly had your PRIORITIES right. e9-Driven Registry can wait. Your family etc. needs were MUCH greater.

Condolences on your loss, and thank you for your service to this Forum.

Gary

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Maybe I'll convert the new site to the E3 registry then. Hours and hours spent getting it to where it is and its a much better site than the other E3 site since its responsive (mobile friendly). I'll wait until e9-driven is active...

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
JJ, I know what a tremendous amount of work it is to deal with this type of unfortunate occurrence. It is something i wish that all of us could skip, but ...
We appreciate the update on e9-driven ... and all that you do for us

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thank you very much JJ and Dan. These sites are a source of knowledge, distraction and inspiration for many people. We very much appreciate it.

jhjacobs

Reaction score
I have managed to get 3 years of years setup for the E9-Driven Registry at GoDaddy and all the files are uploaded. Network Solutions has made the domain transfer a complete nightmare but I think now it is on auto pilot. The systems now say that within 7 days the domain will transfer. I have been able to preview the site without DNS and it looks like the basics are all working. Once it is live I will almost certainly need to re-write some of the automated email code (as well as getting my own email working. I am planning to add SSL support to the site just so that it doesn't show up in Goolge as an untrustworthy site.

It is a real shame what Network Solutions did. They have shut the site down three times now. The first two times were their mistake and I got them to give us 3 years of free hosting to avoid litigation. Now I have to discard the balance of years and start over. Anyway, it is getting closer and I suspect by next Friday (4/28) or sooner it will show up again (once the DNS records transfer and propagate. As soon as it is live I will work on the "registration" support/notification emails. The good news is that my automatic backups prevented us from loosing any data. These backups will have to be setup again but I already used the process to restore the site so it will be easy.