No way to treat a lady.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'm really curious to hear your impressions of the quietness of the car after all the Dynamat work. I suppose that after all these years it is hard to remember what it was beforehand but how does it feel now?

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
I did have another Verona CS auto for a while so I know how they sound.
Most of the usual road and mechanical sounds are far more muted than the standard car. I also put a lot of paint -on deadener in the wheel wells and it is quite effective.
Doors close with a pleasing thunk, like thumping a pillow, instead of a ringing whang. Heat reduction is significant which is extremely important here in sub tropical Queensland. In many areas I have double sided it inside and out. A much classier ambience over all.
Down side is the car now weighs 8000 kgs.
All of this however exacerbates the unavoidable side windows wind noise. I'm thinking of making some type of removable sock like filler for the gaps for long trips.
For anyone considering doing it I thoroughly recommend it. You have to do a LOT, not just a few small squares in the doors and footwells. And plenty of heat shielding in the trans tunnel and engine bulkhead.