SoCal Coupe Cruise March 3rd

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Chris,

sorry i couldn't stay in town and join you guys for the ride. some mighty pretty coupes in those pix. it was great to meet up with you + Murray earlier in the week.

cheers
scott

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Great pics - looks like a fun ride - would be nice to know who's coupes were who's - I recognize Chris' and Murray's of course.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Well, let's see, Steve Johnson Malaga 3.0, Glenn Mueller Malaga 2800, Carl Nelson Agave 2800, Mark Judy and daughter Baikal 3.0, Matt Hoffman and wife Kyra Ceylon 3.0, Dave McFayden green 74, Joe Crowley Polaris 3.0, Murray and BluMax with Mike Burger, Ron Perry Verona CSL with Mitch Brookheiser (Golf CSL at home!), Charlie Baldonado ??? 75 CSi, Paul Cain 3.8 Fjord, Gary Wittman blue 3.0, Jeff Tige Inka Touring and the Fjord 3.0 with ????

I probably screwed something up.

glenn in encinitas

Site Donor
Reaction score
Fred- Great photos! You really caught the best images of the day. Thanks for going through the trouble of taking and posting.

Great time. I was glad to see some old friends and meet a few new ones.

Let's set something up in a few months. Some folks discussed Temecula wineries . . . .

aalto

Reaction score
Jealous. Just jealous. The good weather, the cars, the friendly coupe owners. Waiting impatiently here in Vancouver until the skies clear and the roads dry. Last year, that meant July! Thanks for the photos Fred.

JPLevi

Reaction score
Chris,

Thanks again for setting up the event. I really wish we didn't have to rush back up to MB and could have enjoyed the whole day with the crew. Anyway, it was great to meet you all at C&C and see my Verona 3.6 with some solid company.

Cheers,

JP

IrvinE9

Reaction score
Video:Ride with Murray

Hello Board,

My daughter co-piloted the event with me and together we caught some video of the day riding with Murray and fellow E9ers that I'd like to share. Nothing professional by any means, but it captures the essence of the day. Lots of fun with great people!

I'd like to say thanks to Chris for arranging such a great day that included reserved parking at C&C as well as lunch reservations at Coogie's. Nice work Chris. Also, thanks to Fred for getting a great assortment of nice photos of the day. And of course, Murray, for being such a long time champion of the marque.

So here's the sequence of events:
1. Cars N Coffee -- Irvine (Group 1)
2. Group 1 heading northbound on the 405 fwy
3. Group 2 meets Group 1 at Vons in Malibu
4. Caravaning up Topanga Canyon
5. Pit stop at the summit of Malibu hills
6. Heading to lunch on PCH

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwOQCKmf15M&feature=youtu.be

Mark

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Mark your Baikal coupe is beautiful - I think this is now my favorite color. Thanks for posting the video.

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
Thanks all for honoring me--

in such a special way--
Chris for planning and executing the event, BTW your're the one for many more in the future--Fred for such great photos, though must admit some of your photos make me look as OLD as dirt--Mark and daughter for their great "you tube" video--to Mike Burger for his smooth driving skills that once again kept BLUMAX "out of the weeds"--and to all my old and some new Coupe friends for making Saturday such a very special occasion--and finally for the weaatherman for sending us a magnificant day.

It really warmed this old sailors heart!!
Murray

gwittman

Reaction score
That was a wonderful event. I very much enjoyed cruising with all the Coupes and lunch was great too. Chris, you did an outstanding job of organizing this and hope you will offer this service again.

There was a little mistake in listing my car. It is a Baikal 2800 but it doesn't mind being called a blue 3.0.