spring uk meet

jamesr

Reaction score
Thought it'd be good to try an organise a meet in the uk as soon as the weather picks up. So where abouts do people live so we can try and get somewhere that's reachable for everyone.

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Just for clarity I'm in Rickmansworth, junct 18 m25, wd3 4hq.

I don't really care where we meet though - further away the better in some ways!

Paul T

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Count me in.

What about something based around an event at Brooklands, Thruxton etc. We could high-jack a BMWCC meet.........

We had a good time at Goodwood last year but maybe this is a little too far South for most and it would be good to see some new faces and venture further North or West.

Regards,

Paul
London (200 yards from James)

Paul T

Reaction score
Hi Paul,

That's got to be some kind of record: I make it 4 individually owned E9s all within a 3 mile radius of each other !

Was it you I talked to whilst parked by the concert hall in Blackheath? Or the car parked by Lee station? Or the car parked near Bexley hospital? (all Fjord Blue by the way).

What a fantastic quartet you own.

Paul

1972 CSL Verona

Paul02

Reaction score
Hello Paul
No it wasn't me in any of those places and sadly my car is yellow ( which I will change some time this year ) .
Seems these E9s appear in clusters . Let me know when you plan something or when the next meet or show for E9s etc is.
As for my quartet as you put it ,they are cars I wanted and went in as a boy / teenager and in fact my second ever car after passing my test was a 2002. So I have only ever been interested in BMWs and now only find the ones from the 70s up to the E21 to my liking. Although I suppose I could be swayed into an E24 or E28 m535i if push came to shove.
Cheers Paul

jamesr

Reaction score
Nice one Tyler. Has your car been stored away all winter or have you been out and about in it?

Anyone else in the UK interested?

Dave B

Reaction score
Spring meet

Guys,

I might manage down, but its a long trip for me ( North east coast of Scotland - north of Dundee, south of Aberdeen )

My CSi has been off the road for the winter. Few fiddlly bits to sort ( still ), will need fluids, battery charge, quick MOT then ready to go.

Perhaps a long trip for a summer meet could be more realistic. Anybody else "oop north" fancy a trip "darn sarff"?

Dave B

Reaction score
UK meet

Malc,

If it goes ahead, and I do manage to head south, I will most certainly contact you and see if you are able to attend. Mrs Dave will not want to travel.

I think your mechanic skills could be called upon more that your navigational skills! Sat navs are easy, but good mechanics are harder to find! :D If we do head down for a meet, I will also give you a shot at the wheel. I am aware that despite having been in my CSi a couple of times, you aint driven her!

Still haven't forgotten that I am due you a set of pads and a wiper motor - hope the interest rates are favourable. I will bring them up soon-ish. :oops:

Malc

Reaction score
No worries Dave!
There is no great rush re the parts... Progress on the Bucket is slow, too much work and other things.. Border Counties Stage rally in Jedburgh this coming weekend :roll: any excuse!
Malc

wage73

Reaction score
As a Blackheath resident, I guess I could manage to join up with anything local! Shear laziness prevents me from going further afield ;-)

BTW There isnt a German day at the Goodwood Breakfast Club this year which seems a shame :-( Anyone going to go anyway?

Paul T

Reaction score
Hi,

Yes, shame, no German day at Goodwood. I guess the only fitting theme is: ‘Thoroughbred Sunday – the quintessential pre-1980 sports car’
Attracting: All pre-1980 classic sporting cars and motorcycles on August 3rd. I will try to make each one though as it provides a great excuse for an early morning drive.

I was going to check out Piston Heads' Sunday Service at Wadhurst and The Goat at Hertford Heath on the first Sunday of every month.

But I am going nowhere for a while as I think the waterpump has let go.

Regards,

Paul

adamm

Reaction score
I could be tempted along to a little get together, maybe if it was in the Midlands I could 'off-load' a few more 02 bits on Malc??!! Seriously, it would be good to get out in the CSi - the tii sees far more of the open road these days...

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I would be up for a meeting and drive with a convoy of bmw's. my car is stored in the midlands, am working in east london for a few months. just set the time and date, and i will be there.

RobHannett

Reaction score
I'm in, dates depending. I'm in Cheltenham, so any kind of Cotswolds jaunt would be nice. Otherwise, I can have a bomb along the M40 London bound

Rob

jamesr

Reaction score
right then, so far we have about half of use in the London and the rest are up north... ha ha, only shitting you!

So how do people feel about maybe something in the midlands? Are people willing to travel that far from where they are or are they looking for a shorter trip? I'm not fussed, early morning i'd be looking at maybe a 2 - 2 1/2 hr drive to birmingham and i reckon it'd be cool to make the effort to meet up with other e9ers from around the UK and make a day of it. What do the rest of you reckon?