spring uk meet

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
I often wondered where the number plate 30 csl was in the UK - had a look on that insurance database and its on a csl but the car is not currently taxed or hasn't been for years according to the DVLA website.

Wonder where this one is hiding?

Paul T

Reaction score
I often wondered where the number plate 30 csl was in the UK - had a look on that insurance database and its on a csl but the car is not currently taxed or hasn't been for years according to the DVLA website.

Wonder where this one is hiding?

E9 BMW was on ebay for a while (maybe it still is).

Paul

jamesr

Reaction score
good question, what's the consensus on this? When i contacted them i wanted to be as up front as possible concerning the weather, as they'll be saving us a spot to park. I said if it's raining we probably won't be there. Not that we're a bunch of trailer queens!

Saying that, it's the same weekend as glastonbury, so i'm not holding my breath.

jamesr

Reaction score
nice one Dickie, there should be about 4-5 of us travelling up from London. We'll have to meet up at the first services on the M1, or something like that...

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
im keen but if its raining i'd probably be staying home - seen enough of the stuff and the csl will dissolve!

Dave B

Reaction score
UK meet

Still trying but unlikely to get time off work! Work shifts and not many people to swap / change shifts over a weekend.

If I manage to twist an arm, I will come down in my CSi. It, like me, is presently a bit rough around the edges and needs a wee bit TLC!

Its a 375 mile trip each way for me. I would hate to get 250 or so miles down if the rain then came on. I'd need to find a tree to hide beneath.

Have a great trip guys - if I dont make this one I am most certainly going to make the next one.

RobHannett

Reaction score
Like the rest, if it's raining I'll probably not bother.
But as it will be the height of the glorious British summer I'm sure it will be OK!!
Oh no, hold on, last summer I lived on bottled water for 2 weeks after Tewkesbury got flooded and we all had to wash in water from a bowser.

Eternal optimist.

Dickie

Reaction score
Got through MOT after a little bit of welding which was so rewarding. I may be traveling from Oxford so I think I'll meet the London drivers somewhere else on the M1. If you want to make your coupe look good park it next to mine as a little rough around the edges is an understatement.
See you on 29th.

jamesr

Reaction score
right then, suppose we need to try an sort out some meeting places as 'allegedly' it's going to be overcast but sunny this sunday.

Checked the AA route planner and it reckons that it'll take about 3hrs 20 (150miles) from my house in SE London to Cosford. For once, due to the time that we'll be travelling, this info might actually be almost accurate!

So, where do people want to meet? The planners saying get onto the M1 at junction 2, then up the M1 until junction 19 to get onto the M6. We could also do with a meeting place near to the venue (TF11 8UP).

As we need to be there and parked up by 9am at the latest, i'm going to be leaving mine at 5am.

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
I can meet you on the M1 somewhere James, looking forward to it but now I have new front springs I worry about the dreaded wheel arch catching!

RobHannett

Reaction score
If the weather's good, I'll be coming from the M5 so could maybe do a meet on the A41 somewhere beforehand? If anyone else is travelling up from the M5 let me know and we can get a mini-convoy going.

Tyler

Reaction score
I'll be getting on the M1 at its start in London, so can meet anywhere on the way. Just outside the M25 would catch the most folks for a London convoy. Looks like junction 8 (A414).

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Sorry lads i will not be attending, due to my car being in a accident. so have fun and hopefully, i will be able to meet up with all of you soon.

sandhu

jamesr

Reaction score
sorry to hear that Sandhu, hopefully we might be able to sort out another meet before the summer's up