What are the Details in the Rear Fenders Between E9 and E120

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
Does anyone have had a chance to compare rear fenders between E9 and E120 (2000c/cs)?

I know they are some but the question is how big they are and if the difference can be easily modified towards E9?

I was looking on many pictures and still have no clear understanding about the differences in shape, size etc.

1675618376517.png

Bob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Contour of wheel arch on e9 thicker than 2000c/cs wheel arch thats about it.

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score

Indeed. That's why I have asked about some details as looking on the pictures might be misleading.

Many cars were repaired and who know when and what has been doing as most of these both models have had problems with similar places at the rear section.

Maybe someone did that comparison on physical parts having them at place?

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
Contour of wheel arch on e9 thicker than 2000c/cs wheel arch thats about it.

Thanks.

Have you been able to compare them in the reality or telling from the pictures?

I have look on many and on some at least the arch seems thicker for E9 but on the others looks similar.

What about the rear "pockets" under the bumper line or the sill trim area profile shape?

Bob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks.

Have you been able to compare them in the reality or telling from the pictures?

I have look on many and on some at least the arch seems thicker for E9 but on the others looks similar.

What about the rear "pockets" under the bumper line or the sill trim area profile shape?
I had a 2000cs now my brother owns it and Inhave a e9 I'd say identicle with much smaller wheel arch bulge on 2000cs. I always think a rear ended e9 could be pieced in with a 2000cs rear end and just use the wallothnesh wheel arch rust repair piece for the thicker wheel arch.

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I know they are some but the question is how big they are and if the difference can be easily modified towards E9?

Are you wanting to cut panels off a 2000CS for use on an e9?

Here are pictures of my 2000CS as we repaired the rear wheel arches. Some trimming of the W&N e9 replacement panels was required (on the inside edge), but the lip is close to identical. We replaced similar sections on both sides of my car.

38F9023C-754A-415A-A42C-2C5BEE6B62CC.jpeg

05D2D9C3-63BF-4F7F-8CA4-A0CA40235E6B.jpeg
514DCA3D-6B00-4F98-9F9E-FB6FE64AA233.jpeg
A7CEE692-C7CA-4390-B8EF-324BD11C3D59.jpeg

Ed Z

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for pictures,

Yes. It is much easier to but 2000cs body parts than pure E9 and knowing the rear part is almost identical

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
the rear part is almost identical

Be sure to measure the depth of the lip. I think you will find the 2000CS is more narrow (I had to trim my replacement panels) If you are going to use a 2000CS fender on an e9, you may have to grind down the e9 panel to blend where they meet. (I hope that is clear)

Ed