Period correct Showroom

m73

Reaction score
1234815_532755273462335_306088991_n.jpg

Check out the couple considering the polaris coupe!

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Do I see three coupes and a 2002? Must be pre 74 based on the Polaris' wheels. Yes?

Any more photos like this?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
One coupe, one 2000 Touring, one 2002, one NK2000 sedan and a new e12 525 which dates this photo as 1972, the last year of the NK and first year of its replacement in Europe, the e12.

m73

Reaction score
Do I see three coupes and a 2002? Must be pre 74 based on the Polaris' wheels. Yes?

Any more photos like this?

This is the only picture I could find, Chris's car-list seems to add-up.

Incidentally, the table & chairs in the front-left remind me of '2001 a space odyssey', not sure why--but they do...

MF

wkohler

Site Donor
Reaction score
I love it!

One note is that the M30 wasn't put into the E12 until 6/1973 (520 production began in 2/72). Being the replacement for the NK, it wasn't initially intended to get the M30, which is why the hood had to be altered to fit the air cleaner for the carburetors. Something I'm absolutely thrilled they did. :D

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
m73, agree about the nod to 2001. I could not figure out what it reminded me of either until you noted it. I think the chairs and table remind me of the furniture in the "Space Shuttle" that opens the futuristic part of the movie.
I will watch it again since I was recently reminiscing about Hal's descent into dementia and his memorable death.
Steve

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My reaction to the chairs was A Clockwork Orange, I must be twisted...

m73, agree about the nod to 2001. I could not figure out what it reminded me of either until you noted it. I think the chairs and table remind me of the furniture in the "Space Shuttle" that opens the futuristic part of the movie.
I will watch it again since I was recently reminiscing about Hal's descent into dementia and his memorable death.
Steve

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Even at the distance of 10 meters from the camera and 42 years in time you can tell the salesman in the back is lying through his teeth.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
i have a question,

is that the US or europe ?

all the points mentioned are interesting, but has anyone looked at the doors ? what architectural style is that ?:shock:

m73

Reaction score
+1 euro for sure...

Clockwork orange works for me in a different way as I have yet to see the movie....that orange flask is the dial-hand and the round-table is the clock face?

Too literal for some? Perhaps, or ? :cool:

MF

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I was very surprised to notice that Europe did not escape the "leisure suit" phase of modern history. The perspective victim of the lying salesman reminds me of a music promoter from the 70's. Really this is a very cool picture I think it belongs in a museum (somewhere) to remind us that the good-old-days maybe were not so good but there is so much in that picture that can be commented on- it's amazing! Thanks for posting!

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Steve

Open the pod bay doors HAL.... "I am sorry, I can't do that Dave"

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
Even at the distance of 10 meters from the camera and 42 years in time you can tell the salesman in the back is lying through his teeth.

...."the bubbling under the paintwork is caused by the galvanizing paint system ....we'll have it buffed out before delivery .Will that be cash ?"

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The guy "polishing" the car in the foreground is more interested in the camera. He is wearing a mechanic's jump suit so they must have let him into the showroom for the photo shoot. When did you ever see a mechanic on the showroom floor polishing a car?

m73

Reaction score
What is reality?

This is most likely a press photo....so maybe not real and a 'set' with actors.....there are many interesting points to talk about however....

MF