The Vintage in Asheville, NC May 20-22

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
bwalvoord, I wanted to meet you in person, Don Bower and Doug Dolan were the only ones near their coupes. We'll meet up next year. Glad you picked up the cad plated hardware.

dbower

Reaction score
pics

The Facebook page for The Vintage has had thousands. Literally.

About 14 E9's there by my count. Really a terrific event. Great meeting so many old and new friends.

Don

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am going to do everything possible to make this next year. So you stay in Asheville and the saturday show is in Hot Springs?

bdigel

Reaction score
Great pictures Andrew Wilson !
thanks for Sharing ! much better than the ones I got .
wish I could have met more of you, , it was a wirl wind , I hardly had a chance to really check out all the fantastic BMW's there . I was really overwhelmed , what a neat event .

anyways , its time to finish the car and get it race ready

BD

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
bdigel I really wanted to meet and talk to you about your car. We probably crossed paths and didn't know it. So cool seeing the CSL in person after following your build thread.

chicane

Reaction score
Permanent?

Is this where they plan on having the show from now on? I really liked Winston-Salem.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Is this where they plan on having the show from now on? I really liked Winston-Salem.

Yes, Scott Sturdy, the man behind the show, has moved to Asheville. The venue at Hot Springs was excellent. Stephen Peterson, aka Blunt was giving away free beer.

Registration was capped at 500 and the event was sold out. The tour of the BMW CCA Foundation was sold out capped at 200. The BMW factory tour was very popular as well after the BBQ lunch at the Foundation. The weather report lead to 50 cars no showing. The rally meister set up incredibly fun tours on the twisty mountain roads. Much better than Winston Salem.

Last year, 2015 the show had 328 cars and Old W-S was not large enough to fit all the cars. We also had to clear out at 4pm.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Coverage in the Roundel mag is up.
c40a665dac8ba78f260bac14fba1449e.jpg
05740e5bb13ab5e258986222139dd3ed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Such a great event, the Clarion rooms sold out before August 2016, may still be rooms at the Fairfield Inn across the street.

Clarion Inn Asheville Airport: (828) 684-1213 , rooms $99 plus tax
Mention "BMW Car Show" when booking

Fairfield Inn: (828) 684-1144 , don't have a price yet.
Mention "BMW Car Show" when booking
DATES FOR THE EVENT WILL BE FRIDAY MAY 19 thru SUNDAY MAY 21