Euro e24s Pair & m90

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
There is something to be said about buying an M30 on a pallet! Two part outs sounds daunting. How much time do you have on your hands?

Reactions: dp

GK-E30M3

Site Donor
Reaction score
There is something to be said about buying an M30 on a pallet! Two part outs sounds daunting. How much time do you have on your hands?

Hey Mark not much time but I have some room next door to my house and it could be done slowly definitely more time in winter months do you think $3500 would be fair for both car just want to break even and get the m90 & 5 speed out of it the car had a Dog Leg but that's gone long ago

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think you could make your money back. Just add things up conservatively. Figure $700 for the LSD, $500 for each set of bumpers (they could go for more). Then $100 for the balances. $100 for the spoilers. $300 for the recaros. That's $2,500. If the 633 has an LSD you are close. You can nickel and dime your way to the remaining $1,000 with two cars. The brakes might be of interest to the e9 crowd. The aluminum door panel trim should work if cut to size. The door pockets. Your second five speed. Add it up!

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score

You make a very valid point Markos on just buying what you need. I bought two E24's earlier this year and then the E24 turbo. Parting out the cars to get the money back has been a pain in the arse. While you don't need all the parts, you kinda feel obliged to remove them LOL and also hope to offset the build cost of the target car... in my case my E9. The reality is that I would rather not add up the time invested for this process because so far I have blown the whole spring and summer (besides my day job) parting out the two E24s and the crashed E9. In retrospect I should have rather just bought the stuff.

That all said, I am now ready to sell a complete M30/B34 complete with wiring harness, ECU and video of the compression test. Now that I have decided the direction I will be going mechanically, I will also be selling a close ratio Getrag dogleg together with the complimenting 3.07 LSD (with oil breather). I will soon have photos in the sale section.

While this may be a plug for my parts, those two sixes do make a compelling purchase if you really want the parts. The M90 would be nice for sure and I would actually consider it! Just don't bank on selling the other parts too soon. I have had body parts including a front spoiler for sale for a couple months now and have only sold a fender for $100. Sad but true so beware of that.

bwalvoord

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I'm in SC and have room to part them but I'm not sure it's worth the price to ship them down here. That being said, I'm interested in the LSD, Recaros and the Dog Leg. If someone wants to split or third, I'd be in for it.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm in SC and have room to part them but I'm not sure it's worth the price to ship them down here. That being said, I'm interested in the LSD, Recaros and the Dog Leg. If someone wants to split or third, I'd be in for it.

Yes unless you have experience with a logistics company, you are probably looking at 1,700 or so to ship both of those. In my experience U-Ship tacks on about 30% overhead.

bwalvoord

Site Donor $
Reaction score
If only we had the laser, since most of these cars are rust, we could disintegrate all of the parts we don't want.

GK-E30M3

Site Donor
Reaction score

Dog leg is long gone

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I bought two E24's earlier this year and then the E24 turbo. Parting out the cars to get the money back has been a pain in the arse. While you don't need all the parts, you kinda feel obliged to remove them LOL and also hope to offset the build cost of the target car... in my case my E9. The reality is that I would rather not add up the time invested for this process because so far I have blown the whole spring and summer (besides my day job) parting out the two E24s and the crashed E9. In retrospect I should have rather just bought the stuff.

I think there are two factors working against you. Although these are euro cars, you are dealing with a more competitive marketplace for the plain old e24 parts. They are plentiful and cheap. Euro bumpers are hard to find. There are definitely way more grey market e23's and e24's than e28's though.

The second factor is the demographic. E24's are cheap, and attractive to a younger more financially strapped crowd. When most e9 members need (or want) something, they just buy it. There is no saving up, no trading, no tire kicking. Not to paint a
broad brush across all members, but in general when you combine the rarity of parts and the member population, things work it out to be easier for sellers. I'm sure others have witnessed the same situation when selling Porsche parts.