Replacement sun visor pivots (mounts)

JohnFBD

Reaction score
Tagging onto this old thread, been searching for these clips for months and know of others also looking, did anyone have any luck or contact Jim to see what happened to the moulds?

lloyd

Reaction score
On a somewhat related subject, even if the visor pivots are sound, is there a substitute or obvious fix for the decomposed foam element inside the visor?

It has been suggested that expanding urethane foam from a can, more typically used to fill voids in walls, would serve the purpose, but I have yet to try it. Another suggestion is to compress a precut and preformed foam element and insert it into the visor carcass, similar to a cornea implant. VW, Porsche and Mercedes of the same vintage suffer from the same malady.

Here is an old thread concerning Porsche visors, but the fix gives me pause. https://impactbumpers.com/forum/uploads/monthly_08_2009/post-3002-1249657422.jpg

post-3002-1249658041.jpg

post-3002-1249657557.jpg

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
The
No they are not available, but someone must be able to reproduce them.

I could use a set.

Is Jim / es 1800 still around?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sun visor pivot mounts, produced in 2014 were made out of solid metal, brass I believe. See pics in first post.

For sure they can be remade again, but someone with skills has to stand up and get some investments up. I was lucky enough to have a set. I am willing to provide measurements to someone setting up a repro action.

Last edited:

JohnFBD

Reaction score
Coupe king is having these made.
I spoke to Erik at Coupeking and they do have a batch being manufactured, they are a bit spendy but I have found no alternative in my search.
Has anyone in the community found a viable alternative, would the E21 ones fit?

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
Does 'manufactured' mean sewn or heat sealed? The show ones on their website that are sewn, I think lots of people could do that
I have seen for other older cars remade heat sealed ones
The other problem with remade, I don't think there is any material available that looks like the original

JohnFBD

Reaction score
To clarify, the thread was relating to the plastic pivots, Coupeking ones will cost $100 each, $300 if you want the rod (that slides into the visor) as well. It may be the only option unless any of you folks know differently?

Reaction score
I have had made molds and reproduction metal mounts that fit my CS. They may fit others as well (can someone tell me if that is so?)The ywill never break. They are perfect fits. Cast in brass, I may be able to powder coat them in the orginal color. I will be asking $25 each for them if they are infinished, $35 if I powder coat them. They are specific for right or left sides.

I have attempted to place a photo in this message. I would prefer correspondence at the following email address: [email protected].

I want to be doing these in groups. I have some interest already and intend to do a production run at in the third week of July.

Hi

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I'm running a pair from an E21 in my CS as they fit fine. Not made of brass but plastic.
They look identical to the black plastic ones you see in a CSL, only off white.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Good tip - I will start looking.

Not the same as a CSL, but look close. Porsche 911 visor clips look closer. You can also buy the proper CS clips from Jaymic, and likely La jolla.

CS Clips:

CSL-like clips:
7B348B97-868C-4F6E-A005-5283AE07693F.jpeg

Last edited:

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Not the same as a CSL, but look close. Porsche 911 visor clips look closer. You can also buy the proper CS clips from Jaymic, and likely La jolla.

CS Clips:

CSL-like clips:
View attachment 69885

I have these and they are perfect in look, fit and usage. Original Csl ones aren’t available.