2232050 First club run

inovermyhead

Reaction score
IMG_2155.JPG
Breakfast at Bobbin Head, Sydney. First outing nearly done.
IMG_2153.JPG
IMG_2154.JPG

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Excellent looking CSi! Very similar to mine. Over here in the frozen Maine winterlands we are still a month away from being able to drive the low sodium cars.

IMG_1803.jpg

inovermyhead

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the positive comments, it's been a real labour of love and judging by comments at petrol stations, traffic lights ect other non coupe drivers seem to appreciate it too, I seriously have never owned a car that gets so much positivity.
The front spoiler was moulded locally from 'an original csl ' part to which we added the fibre glass returns to fill the ugly gap between the rear edge of the spoiler and the wheel arch, before it left a gap that looked unfinished, basically a triangular fillet that closed the gap.

Cheers. John

JohnFBD

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the positive comments, it's been a real labour of love and judging by comments at petrol stations, traffic lights ect other non coupe drivers seem to appreciate it too, I seriously have never owned a car that gets so much positivity.
The front spoiler was moulded locally from 'an original csl ' part to which we added the fibre glass returns to fill the ugly gap between the rear edge of the spoiler and the wheel arch, before it left a gap that looked unfinished, basically a triangular fillet that closed the gap.

Cheers. John

Car looks stunning John, looking forward to joining a club run later in the year (fingers crossed)[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aussiecsi

Reaction score

Cheers. John

Very nice John. Is your spoiler detachable ?....or has it been bonded to the valance /fender ?. Cheers, Simon

inovermyhead

Reaction score
Hi Simon, the spoiler is attached using rivnuts, a cross between a rivet and a screw, both across the front and down the edge of the wheel arch.

Cheers. John

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
Great looking car John. Hopefully one day we can get a few Sydney siders out for a drive and catch up. By the way what car club did you drive with last Saturday?

inovermyhead

Reaction score
Hi Mal, I joined up with Pittwater Motor enthusiasts club based out of Mona Vale on Sydneys northern beaches.
It would be good to get a group run together for Sydney owners, once the deluge stops.

Cheers. John