Aloha from Kauai

Richard Douglas

Reaction score
Greetings, Still in love with these great cars! I had a 1972 or 73 3.0 csi which I purchased in California in 1985. The car had been brought over from Italy by a guy who had several in his garage. Mine was dark blue with black leather interior, and I still have dreams about it! Had to sell in autumn 1988. The gent who purchased it lived in the greater Los Angeles area. Would love to hear where that car is now. Any info would be appreciated. Sorry I don't have any more info, but the car had New Mexico plates on it when I sold it for $ 16,500. Gonna get another soon!

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'd love to know what happened to mine I sold in 1987. Do you have the VIN? Then you could search the Registry. Shaka.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Richard, how cool is that- using the internet to track down an old girlfriend! If you want to find your long-lost baby this is the place to start looking :) If you can dig up an old insurance form the VIN is probably there. Then as Steve said, someone here will find her. I only wish my old girlfriends stayed good-looking as long as our e9's, or in my case started out as good-looking as our e9's.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
$16,500 in 1988? Must've been a very nice car. If the car has remained in CA for most of this time your info might still be on the DMV system. Anyone know anyone that works there?

Richard Douglas

Reaction score
Wow! Thanks to all of you for your replies. Love the humor and interest in my story. Yes, the car was superb and I guess the price reflected that. We're talking over 30 years ago since I sold it, and can't even remember who I had it insured with back then. I'm going to look for some old photos to see if I can determine the New Mexico license plate number. Not sure if that will do any good though since I sold it in California. I've kicked myself in the rear innumerable times for selling it! Well, at any rate it sure is fun talking about this. I'll continue to rack my brains and perhaps someone will know something. All the best, Rich

Richard Douglas

Reaction score
001.jpg

JhwShark

Reaction score
Richard, Sorry I can not help...

Did you belong to the former CS Registry? We have those records by name.

Chris,

I get a server error when trying the e9-driven.com site. I have not logged on to it for years. Do we have an issue...or has it been retired?

@dang, I observe we have a link in our menu for BMW CS Registry, but it is low on data and I have not added to it. Also, do you know the previous administrator on that site? If we can find the data, I could try to help with mapping data conversion to the link on e9coupe.

error message:
<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Richard, Sorry I can not help...

Chris,

I get a server error when trying the e9-driven.com site. I have not logged on to it for years. Do we have an issue...or has it been retired?

@dang, I observe we have a link in our menu for BMW CS Registry, but it is low on data and I have not added to it. Also, do you know the previous administrator on that site? If we can find the data, I could try to help with mapping data conversion to the link on e9coupe.

error message:
<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>
There's a thread explaining what's going on with e9-driven.com. Sounds like it will be back up at some point and the current low entry site will get canned.