New driving lights fitted.

Simufly

Reaction score
A pair of NOS cibie 40 driving/fog lamps fitted ( I have both yellow fog and clear driving lenses) .
The fitting allowed me to really detail the front bumper and over- riders.

Attachments

• P1020714.JPG
    P1020714.JPG
    146.5 KB · Views: 312

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
A pair of NOS cibie 40 driving/fog lamps fitted ( I have both yellow fog and clear driving lenses) .
The fitting allowed me to really detail the front bumper and over- riders.
Perfect. Just the right size and proportion for the front.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Steve, I was going to comment on the wipers also. They are the object of my desire and affection, never to be possessed. But I have tried.
Steve

If things ever go south with my e9 project I'll put you at the front of the line. :) I have new motors but still need to buy the wiring. I'd actually love to chat with simufly about that.

Simufly

Reaction score
Looks good. Curious if you have a pick of the brackets please?
Not sure what you mean by brackets. The lamps just bolt through holes in the bumper. If you mean the spacer between the bumper and the base of the lamp, Then yes I have managed to acquire over the years a whole box of complete 40s. I am not sure if there are any spares spacers though. When things settle down a bit I will sort out the box and offer the excess on here. For info There are two different types of spacer bracket, a round chrome plated metal version and a square black plastic one. (As a study I got a colleague to 3D print a copy of the plastic one. Its just fine!) If you need any more info just PM me.
Simon.

m73

Reaction score
Your plate seems to read 'new soap' ....you get that a lot?

-M

Simufly

Reaction score
If things ever go south with my e9 project I'll put you at the front of the line. :) I have new motors but still need to buy the wiring. I'd actually love to chat with simufly about that.
I managed to buy a comple NOS BMW system from a friendly dealer about 20 years ago! I also got another complete system from a breaker 3. 3Lia again about 20 years ago. The retrofit is well described in the blue books. If you need any more help or advice just PM me.
Simon

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I managed to buy a complete NOS BMW system from a friendly dealer about 20 years ago! I also got another complete system from a breaker 3. 3Lia again about 20 years ago. The retrofit is well described in the blue books. If you need any more help or advice just PM me.
Simon

Thanks Simon. I'll take a look at the blue books. My issue is that I don't have the actual wiring so I'll need to build a harness. With that said - it's extremely low on the radar, even though I am easily distracted by steering wheels and windshield wipers when I should be welding in new floor pans.

Simufly

Reaction score
Thanks Simon. I'll take a look at the blue books. My issue is that I don't have the actual wiring so I'll need to build a harness. With that said - it's extremely low on the radar, even though I am easily distracted by steering wheels and windshield wipers when I should be welding in new floor pans.
Been there!

restart

Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by brackets. The lamps just bolt through holes in the bumper. If you mean the spacer between the bumper and the base of the lamp, Then yes I have managed to acquire over the years a whole box of complete 40s. I am not sure if there are any spares spacers though. When things settle down a bit I will sort out the box and offer the excess on here. For info There are two different types of spacer bracket, a round chrome plated metal version and a square black plastic one. (As a study I got a colleague to 3D print a copy of the plastic one. Its just fine!) If you need any more info just PM me.
Simon.

Thanks Simon. I was hoping to find a bracket that doesn't require drilling the bumper.
I imagine most clip on bumper style brackets make for shaky lights.
If I can't find anything I may have to make a light-mounting bar that utilizes the over/under rider holes.
Cheers!

Simufly

Reaction score
Thanks Simon. I was hoping to find a bracket that doesn't require drilling the bumper.
I imagine most clip on bumper style brackets make for shaky lights.
If I can't find anything I may have to make a light-mounting bar that utilizes the over/under rider holes.
Cheers!
Yes I know what you mean, thats is why I got another centre section (already drilled) so I could keep my original pristine centre section. In my research however I got a couple of very good clamp type brackets.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    647 KB · Views: 191
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    638.8 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score