E9 Shell FS maybe more...NMNA

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
seeing the rust in the rear windshield slot should give buyers serious moments of pause. i would inspect the firewall / a pillars before even thinking about pulling the trigger on this. no picture gets anywhere close to this most important aspect of the car.

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
as the ad states, he is parting it out. it was a complete car. if there is something of importance that would make this a better deal for a buyer, they best act fast as pieces are selling fast. where do you get an E9 shell for $2500? Long term project? Sure. But some enthusiasts are prepared for this. Did he say it comes with title? Bonus.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I think my metric for a shell is relevant. A shell was sold just a few months ago for around $1,000 (copart auction). That one included some of the glass, and appeared far more solid than this shell (partially restored). That said, I am no stranger to buying into the lure of the e9 despite what a spreadsheet might illustrate.

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think my metric for a shell is relevant. A shell was sold just a few months ago for around $1,000 (copart auction). That one included some of the glass, and appeared far more solid than this shell (partially restored). That said, I am no stranger to buying into the lure of the e9 despite what a spreadsheet might illustrate.
Copy that! most of us here are emotionally connected to our Coupes. Seeing another one that we may "rescue", well, tugs at our heartstrings. I agree, there's a point whereby the "spreadsheet" numbers of "what is the finished product worth, and how can I rebuild for less" just, sort of fades away and we move forward with our heart. Then it becomes an issue of : is your partner on board?, and where are you in the equation : $ + available space to work + motivation + time + value. Add in the lure of the legal title. Rare to have all variables working for you, ask me how I know! :(

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score

milwaukeesk

Member.
Site Donor
Reaction score
Of course this is always an option if looking for a project... https://www.ebay.com/itm/172264688122?ul_noapp=true

I reached out to the seller asking about potentially parting it out and he made it very clear that this car could be restored and is a great candidate. I suppose "could" is accurate. He didn't seem to like my suggestion that may in fact not be a great candidate. I guess I need to be more careful about what I walk in to.

But hey... it's got a complete tool kit.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Not sure I'd take on that project in St Louis. But I'd buy the tool kit and door hardware...

NewSixCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
The Polaris coupe in the original CL/ebay ad was sold to my friend, a long hood Porsche restorer who always wanted an e9.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
That Polaris coupe needed everything. He should join this board and post WTB posts. I'm sure many of us has stuff we can sell to him

NewSixCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
That Polaris coupe needed everything. He should join this board and post WTB posts. I'm sure many of us has stuff we can sell to him

He's taken delivery and I've seen some recent images although I haven't swung by yet to take a closer look. Looks more complete than what was posted in the original ads. He's not ready to start yet so we have time to sort through everthing, and I'm sure he'll be here for info and to request any missing parts.