way off topic but thought you all needed to see this

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I think the handbag is a little much but other than that...

boy.jpg

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I thought thigh gap was passé!
He does not look happy. Possibly because they squeezed him into a grey suit jacket that would have fit me when I was 10. And I would have balked then too.
Shall we dissect this the way we would a "rust free" coupe? What fun.

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
As I get older, and maybe a little larger, this is the way that I feel when I put on clothes that have been in the closet for a while. Except the socks...and the shoes. And the tie clip. Maybe the bag. And the skirt. And I have never owned wingtips.
They just have different mirrors.

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
You probably wouldn't smile either if you had to wear that, ahem, ensemble...And especially if you knew someone was taking your picture and posting it on the E9 coupe forum.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My wife just explained this to me. Consider this a concept car that will never be made. Showing off design features that will make it into production or be left on the scrap heap. Thus the many design cues like the Mad Men era tie clip, the Catholic school girl skirt, the exercise socks, ladies handbag and the fact he is wearing 2 suit coats at the same time (one cut away to reveal the other).

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I once had a discussion with my 19 y/o daughter about fashion. I explained to her how much I hated it (I did some fashion photography in the past) and thought it was a useless waste of time and money.

She thought about it and then said "Some people like its fun and creative aspect. Purely useless, but highly pleasurable for them. Isn't it the same with your car? You don't need it for any practical purpose, like going to work. It costs a lot of time and money. But you derive pleasure from it on an aesthetic and visceral level. Same thing, really."

Dammit, she was right.

Ever since that day when I go to the garage I tell her "I'm going to work on my fall collection". And when she goes to the mall, she says "I need to get some new piston rings".

;-)

Last edited:

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
I once had a discussion with my daughter about fashion. I explained to her how much I hated it (I did some fashion photography in the past) and thought it was a useless waste of time and money.

She thought about it and then said "Some people like its fun and creative aspect. Purely useless, but highly pleasureable for them. Isn't it the same with your car? You don't need it for any practical purpose, like going to work. It costs a lot of time and money. But you derive pleasure from it on an aesthetic and visceral level. Same thing, really."

Ever since that day when I go to the garage I tell her "I'm going to work on my fall collection". And when she goes to the mall, she goes "I need to get some new piston rings".

;-)
That is it! Nice connection. Thanks Bo.....now let's move on, to like, piston rings, carbs, epoxy primer...anything!