Last of the Great E9 Part Hunts..

Reaction score
The time has come.

This is a call to arms to all E9coupe members and the men who stand behind them, to harness the collective power and passion we have for the glory of the E9 and gear it, together, toward one last major offensive. To take our place in history. In years to come, future generations of E9coupe members will remember this defining moment in our long history, echoing down the ages with stories of bravery, persistence and - ultimately - victory. The Great Hunt will become the defining line in our lives, prior to which all was dark, after which we dwelled in the broad sunlit uplands of success forever remembered as those precious few who returned an E9 to its rightful place.

Our challenge is to find both the intermediate plastic piece sitting atop the blower of the E9 air-conditioning, which serves to connect the blower to the console face plate. It won't be easy, there will be challenges, but it can be found. The switches and knobs too must be ferreted out - where are they? Who can tell. At this stage they exist only in perfectly formed E9s and in the minds of men. Lastly, the console sides and side vents must not escape us.

You know what needs to be done. I can hear it now; 'What did you do in the Great E9 Part Hunt daddy?'.
What will you say?

Any parts please PM me... the old girl will sit in the shed if this A/C can't be resolved...

Bejoe16

Reaction score
This is the greatest wtb ad I’ve ever read. I wish I could help you as I’m missing the same piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
This is the greatest wtb ad I’ve ever read. I wish I could help you as I’m missing the same piece.

Agreed. I wish I had enough brain power for a witty sequel to your epic. Anyway I can 3D print the console vents

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
As luck would have it, I just yesterday caught sight of a portion of the quarry that you seek. And since these animals tend to travel in packs, there may be more bounty in that place.

Alas, I saw signs of others who also may have caught the scent. And so the opportunity may have passed.

On the other hand, perhaps the others lacked the skill to acquire their prey, or having some success perhaps they lacked the perseverance to harvest all that was available.

And so, I shall return to the potentially fruitful place, reconnoiter and report back.

Bejoe16

Reaction score
As luck would have it, I just yesterday caught sight of a portion of the quarry that you seek. And since these animals tend to travel in packs, there may be more bounty in that place.

Alas, I saw signs of others who also may have caught the scent. And so the opportunity may have passed.

On the other hand, perhaps the others lacked the skill to acquire their prey, or having some success perhaps they lacked the perseverance to harvest all that was available.

And so, I shall return to the potentially fruitful place, reconnoiter and report back.

Of course the op gets first dibs but if you happen upon a second one. Please let me know.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
There's been upgrades and changes..
Tridon turnsignal relay is cheaper and better so boxes of original relays sit rotting.
AC blower switch is outdated and replaced by cheaper and better.
And Markos is making new 3D parts

Attachments

• IMG_6075.JPG
    IMG_6075.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 223
  • IMG_6076.JPG
    IMG_6076.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 241
Reaction score

Of course the op gets first dibs but if you happen upon a second one. Please let me know.

Thank you Ohmess - keen to hear more, sounds like a real honey pot you've stumbled on.

Cheers,
D

Reaction score
There's been upgrades and changes..
Tridon turnsignal relay is cheaper and better so boxes of original relays sit rotting.
AC blower switch is outdated and replaced by cheaper and better.
And Markos is making new 3D parts
Thanks sfdon, yes Im on Markos's list for the 3D print..

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
You know guys there is nothing in the world that does not exsist. I have found parts that are near impossible to fin. Time consuming? Yes. For example I had been looking for an interior chrome rear view mirror for my son's 2000cs for over 10 years and just found 2 of them. H a member in Australia looking for a third brake light for an E30 M3 which hangs from the roof because of the large rear spoiler,not cheap but a very happy buye.
I have found at least 10 red handle screwdrivers,small and large. I know not all of you have the time or persistence t spent 6 to 8 hours daily searching for the almost impossible,however the feeling when you stumble upon the one one part you have been searching for is like finding Gold.
Try it when you have time or if you rather let me give it a short. I love that feeling when I find the treasure.
Thanks for you're time.
Koopman

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
The thrill of the hunt is a bit addictive I must admit. Yesterday @mulberryworks was asking me what I needed. My response was “self control” :D

@Darren Michael ,

How is your search going? I helped @sidcc land an AC setup recently. He was talking to another seller that also has the full package. Another poster in this thread is familiar with the seller as well. Perhaps one of these guys will reach out.