Triple Weber VGS manifold on ebay Germany

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this! Ich habe es jetzt gekauft. (I bought it now).
Faced with finding a tii booster, this seems like a slick solution. We'll see how it goes.
Thanks again - great find.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Faced with finding a tii booster, this seems like a slick solution. We'll see how it goes.

Sigh. Thank you for saving me from myself!

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ha ha. Truth be told, I tend to be a bit of a parts hoarder myself. Give me a bit more time and I hope to build my own hoard (much to my wife's dismay). In this case, I think this manifold will find a good home on the Raven.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have same on my engine. Will also allow you to run longer trumpets and foam sock filters if you choose. Good price too.

bed8f5138b2f5bd24ef9af0014410e70._.jpg

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Oh yes, that is beautiful! I'm excited.
Say, did you fit the foam filter socks over the trumpets? (actual question: are there trumpets under the socks?)

climbernyc

Reaction score
Would that manifold work with the factory alpina airbox( i have daddywad's repro)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Would that manifold work with the factory alpina airbox( i have daddywad's repro)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think so. If you look at Steve's picture, the throats of the carburetors are not evenly spaced. The manifold that Alpina used (and the Korman intake that I have) evenly space the carburetors from one another. This is why they require a different tstat housing.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ohmess said:
If you look at Steve's picture, the throats of the carburetors are not evenly spaced.
Wait, what? :( I hadn't noticed the variance in spacing from side to side. The benefit I see in this manifold is that they raise the carbs up to clear the brake booster. I did notice that the manifold also seemed to shift the lateral position of the carbs, but hadn't noticed it was not consistent. I wonder why this was done this way.

I still think it will solve the brake booster clearance. I was planning on using glorious trumpets and celebrating that look - still probably will. But a second options is that I could custom fabricate an air intake that would provide better filtration blur the spacing. I'll learn more once this piece arrives and I noodle with it.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
As Ohmess said, it will not fit an Alpina airbox. The spacing is not even because of the thermostat clearance. The carbs will be raised and slanted upward slightly (as Weber said should be done) so you will definitely be able to clear the booster with trumpets. There is a matching VGS airbox for these, I almost bought one when it came up but I am not planning on using an airbox because I don't want any sound muffled. Plus it is designed to fit over the thinner 2800 booster. So using the trumpets I linked to plus sock filters works just fine for me.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
The Alpina manifolds have studs in them that line up with, and secure the Alpina air box.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hey Steve -- I know we've been through this, but my guess is the others in this thread will have the same question. In looking at the pictures of the intake on ebay, there appears to be a vacuum opening in 2 and 5. The Korman intake also has openings in 2 and 5, but they are underneath the manifold rather than on top. I combined these and use the vacuum for both brake booster and as an input to my 123 distributor. You appear to be using only the number 1 cylinder for vacuum and are using it only for the brake booster; do I have that right?

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
#2 and 5 are holes for a linkage crossbar if so fitted. I use the intercouple linkage so I have those capped-a big assed stainless bolt can be seen on #5 in my pic. I suppose they could also be used for vacuum but the holes are pretty big and you'd have to fabricate some sort of threaded take-off port. Yes I am only using #1 for booster, currently not using any vac advance on the 123.

Hey Steve -- I know we've been through this, but my guess is the others in this thread will have the same question. In looking at the pictures of the intake on ebay, there appears to be a vacuum opening in 2 and 5. The Korman intake also has openings in 2 and 5, but they are underneath the manifold rather than on top. I combined these and use the vacuum for both brake booster and as an input to my 123 distributor. You appear to be using only the number 1 cylinder for vacuum and are using it only for the brake booster; do I have that right?

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
I don't think you need to change the brake booster if you use the Alpina set up, that is what I have been told, and want to believe