Driving on borrowed time.

Strato102

Site Donor
Reaction score
I went 15 miles north of my house today and the roads were white with salt. Thought I should exercise the cars with some Stabil in the fuel while I still could!

DSCF8719.JPG
DSCF8725.JPG

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Beautiful collection. (BTW, I have a pair of Strato 102's in my collection)

Strato102

Site Donor
Reaction score
My wife's car in the back is an e39 Touring but the M5 is an e34.

pat cooks

Reaction score
The E39 is a future classic, the last great BMW, I have had many as the family car, most estates, now have a 2005 3.0i sport X3, has the double sun roof that you dare not open......very useful car but not in the same class, but hard to refuse for £700.00, the most uneconomical BMW I have ever had, ok except the E32 750i sport I recently sold.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My entire family enjoys my E39Touring. Dogs have plenty of room, my wife likes the heated steering wheel and seats + the "tank-like" feel. 300,000 km and counting !
View attachment 36982 View attachment 36983
What a great pair of hounds. Especially the big guy on the right with the floppy ears. We have a Shepherd/Hound Dog rescue. He was five when he joined the family. now going on ten. Yesterday we saw a large Shepherd with his head out the back window. He was wearing goggles with red lenses. Thinking of them for Mr. Wolfe as he likes to do the same. He looks so gentle with his floppy ears. But when I hold them up he turns into Rin Tin Tin.

Strato102

Site Donor
Reaction score
Whenever our golden goes in a car, it usually means romping somewhere and water is involved. So, ...maybe not so much in this car!

Last edited:

Drew20

Site Donor
Reaction score
My entire family enjoys my E39Touring. Dogs have plenty of room, my wife likes the heated steering wheel and seats + the "tank-like" feel. 300,000 km and counting !
View attachment 36982 View attachment 36983

For a few years my "practical family runabout" was an alpina b10 v8s touring, a marvellous car but it did generate a lot of complaints from the family as they were hurled from one side of the country to the other - might have been the driver?! A standard E39 might have been a better bet...

Like the collection, very jealous, oh for the space....

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
For a few years my "practical family runabout" was an alpina b10 v8s touring, a marvellous car but it did generate a lot of complaints from the family as they were hurled from one side of the country to the other - might have been the driver?! A standard E39 might have been a better bet...

Like the collection, very jealous, oh for the space....
I must admit, transition from "Sportwagon" to Hundvagen, took some time. Those of you who have dogs may relate. Once I found I could install a water resistant "bladder" inside wagon space, prepare sides, mop dogs before re-entry +++, I felt I could do this. Only attempt this every other day. Weekends, I strip the cargo area and the E39iT is a car again. Then the vacuuming begins-especially the headliner. Gotta be a dog person! Mike