1971 3.0CS Euro - Damaged during failed restoration - SOLD

plexus

Reaction score
THIS CAR HAS BEEN SOLD!

Long story with this car. If you want to know the history of the car its documented at www.oldbmw.com.

Long story short: I gave the car to a shop to do restoration work: strip, repair, paint. The shop owner went AWOL with the car. I could get him on text but he would not let me see the car or tell me where it was. He moved his shop and took the car with him without my knowledge. I had to get the police involved. They arrested and charged him with theft and recovered the car. So, here it is.

I am not going to move forward with the car after all this, unfortunately. So, as they say, my loss is your gain. He stripped the car down to some degree and then left it outside for some months, hence the surface rust.

You can read about the happening in this thread: https://e9coupe.com/forum/threads/my-1971-cs-might-be-dead-i-mean-really-dead.27860/ This thread has pictures of the car in the shop before it rusted.

I have a challenge with finding a place to store the car which is one reason I want to get rid of it. It's in a lot in Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada which is the only place I could find for it that wouldn't cost me an arm and an leg. But its only for the short term.

This would be a great doner car and it's even a decent restoration candidate. It has the usual rust in the fenders, which was supposed to be part of the restoration. The car is pretty much complete as you can see. It has the electric windows and sunroof and Petri steering wheel. The funky OEM Philips stereo is also include.

I live a 2 hours drive away - on the day I scheduled to take these pictures, it started snowing heavily so I apologize about all the snow. it was very difficult to take pictures in that weather. I then cleaned up all the snow, wiped the car down after the snow stopped and tarped the car up.

There were no problems with the engine and drivetrain and I drove the car on a regular basis before I gave it to the shop. Because the car was sitting for a couple years, it would need the usual TLC before starting (fluides, lube the cylinders, clean out the carbs, refill and turn it over).

It is stitting in a lot in Niagara Falls. I am taking offers. You will have to come get the car. It is lien free, insured and has a legit ownerhship which I will sign over to you.

If you are intersted in the car, please PM me or email me at [email protected].

I am not able to go with you to see the car so base your interest/offer on the pictures and posts. I am a 4 hour return drive away so its a 5 hour proposition just to show the car.

Car is currently covered with tarp. I am not parting out the car at this time. $7500US or best offer for the lot.

History of the car and pictures before this debacle: http://www.oldbmw.com/mye9.html

Full photo gallery of the car in it's current condition: http://oldbmw.com/CS-for-sale/

I also have a large cache of spare parts, pretty much all original, some used, some new. The link to the detailed pictures of the parts is here An over-view pic as the bottom. http://oldbmw.com/CS-for-sale-parts/

THIS CAR HAS BEEN SOLD!

Note, at the bottom of the documents picture are 2 complete sets of 3.0CS stripes for the car.

picture_000.jpg
picture_001.jpg
picture_003.jpg
picture_015.jpg
picture_028.jpg
picture_030.jpg
E5137307_v1.jpg
E5137310_v1.jpg

E5137309_v1.jpg

E5137308_v1.jpg

All the spare parts and manuals pack up nicely:

IMG_2023.JPG

Last edited:

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Long story with this car. If you want to know the history of the car its documented at www.oldbmw.com.

Long story short: I gave the car to a shop to do restoration work: strip, repair, paint. The shop owner went AWOL with the car. I could get him on text but he would not let me see the car or tell me where it was. He moved his shop and took the car with him without my knowledge. I had to get the police involved. They arrested and charged him with theft and recovered the car. So, here it is.

I am not going to move forward with the car after all this, unfortunately. So, as they say, my loss is your gain. He stripped the car down to some degree and then left it outside for some months, hence the surface rust.

You can read about the happening in this thread: https://e9coupe.com/forum/threads/my-1971-cs-might-be-dead-i-mean-really-dead.27860/ This thread has pictures of the car in the shop before it rusted.

I have a challenge with finding a place to store the car which is one reason I want to get rid of it. It's in a lot in Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada which is the only place I could find for it that wouldn't cost me an arm and an leg. But its only for the short term.

This would be a great doner car and it's even a decent restoration candidate. It has the usual rust in the fenders, which was supposed to be part of the restoration. The car is pretty much complete as you can see. It has the electric windows and sunroof and CSL steering wheel. The funky OEM Philips stereo is also include.

I live a 2 hours drive away - on the day I scheduled to take these pictures, it started snowing heavily so I apologize about all the snow. it was very difficult to take pictures in that weather. I then cleaned up all the snow, wiped the car down after the snow stopped and tarped the car up.

There were no problems with the engine and drivetrain and I drove the car on a regular basis before I gave it to the shop. Because the car was sitting for a couple years, it would need the usual TLC before starting (fluides, lube the cylinders, clean out the carbs, refill and turn it over).

It is stitting in a lot in Niagara Falls. I am taking offers. You will have to come get the car. It is lien free, insured and has a legit ownerhship which I will sign over to you.

This whole situation is quite painful so I'd appreciate if you could keep your comments to yourself. If you are intersted in the car, please PM me or email me at [email protected].

I am not able to go with you to see the car so base your interest/offer on the pictures and posts. I am a 4 hour return drive away so its a 5 hour proposition just to show the car.

I am not parting out the car at this time.

History of the car and pictures before this debacle: www.oldbmw.com

Full photo gallery of the car in it's current condition: http://oldbmw.com/CS-for-sale/

View attachment 42468 View attachment 42469 View attachment 42470 View attachment 42471 View attachment 42472 View attachment 42473
I know of NO ONE on this site who is not sympathetic. Yours is a terrible situation, and we wish you good fortune with the sale. Steve

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
It looks very complete. Heck many competent body shops struggle with that. GLWS!

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My goodness, a complete coupe with an interesting history. Someone needs to buy this car and make it right. Then the story will be that much more marvelous. GLWS.

plexus

Reaction score
Spare parts pictures, wheel pictures and manuals etc added.

Last edited:

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Good Luck with the sale. The surface rust can be dealt with as the car will most likely come apart much more before completion.

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Did I miss an asking price?, or was it in one of the threads. I truly am sorry for your plight. I had a large lot of furniture that I consigned to a guy several years ago, that this week I just learned that he sold, hadn't been paid, the guy died, and I am SOL. I guess that he also got screwed, but.. as my late dad used to say, "...that's too bad". The master of understatement... No, not the same, but I really do feel your pain. Best of luck with the sale, and the future.

plexus

Reaction score
Did I miss an asking price?, or was it in one of the threads. I truly am sorry for your plight. I had a large lot of furniture that I consigned to a guy several years ago, that this week I just learned that he sold, the guy died, and I am SOL. I guess that he also got screwed, but...Sometimes nice guys do get the shaft. No, not the same, but I really do feel your pain. Best of luck with the sale, and the future.

No asking price. Taking offers. Everyone is going to have a different sense of what this is worth to them.

That really sucks about furnature deal. Either way, we are screwed. In my case, the guy knew what he was doing and what he was getting into. I just hope the cops don't drop the theft charges. I may also take him to small claims.

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Maybe even just an ounce of flesh...good luck. Manipulative people suck. Don't mean to sound too vengeful, but some things just piss you off. End of daily rant..:)

Ives

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Plexus,

I'm sorry about your loss but the classified section has 4 rules and they are:

1. Location of Coupe or BMW family car
2. Price of Coupe
3. Detailed Description
4. Photos, if you have them

You have hit 3 of the 4 but as has been discussed on the Forum before this is not an auction site. In the past members have been asked for their opinion in "Discussions" about what a particular Coupe may be worth and the seller has gained some insight and then posted a price. If you want to auction your project Coupe I would recommend a site called Bring A Trailer. They seem to specialize in European and significantly different vehicles and I have seen a number of projects auctioned off on their website. The other alternative would be to start a thread under "Discussions" and get the feedback from Forum members and then make a decision about what you want to list your Coupe for.

I hope this helps and is taken in the constructive manner it was meant to be.

Regards, Jon

plexus

Reaction score
Hi Ives. Oh ok... I was just missing a price. I've since had some serious offers on the car so I based the price on those offers.

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
hold on Jon ... it doesn't say that. the rules says that it is 'good practice' to list the 4 things. it doesn't say that you have to list all 4.