Where they are hiding the Volkswagens

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Be nice to find that many BMW's sitting out in the desert.
Whats's the bet those cars end up as Coke cans?

m_thompson

Reaction score
There is another smaller VW storage location near my house. It is close to the port where they bring VWs into the US. The cars change periodically, so they are going somewhere.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
They could replace the fleet of US cars running on Russian tractor power in Cuba. They'd last a while I'd think.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have a VW TDi Jetta Wagon/Touring. I love it. It is my daily. I got the EPA fix, it runs great, even a little faster, maybe slightly less gas mileage but it still get's great gas mileage, phenomenal, better than some hybrids, tons of torque....... Has a great sport mode. Really a well built diesel motor and great little car/wagon. Got paid over $5K and now I have a rare car since all the other ones are disappearing. Couldn't be happier.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Given our legal system, I suspect those cars will not be resold in the USA.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have a VW TDi Jetta Wagon/Touring. I love it. It is my daily. I got the EPA fix, it runs great, even a little faster, maybe slightly less gas mileage but it still get's great gas mileage, phenomenal, better than some hybrids, tons of torque....... Has a great sport mode. Really a well built diesel motor and great little car/wagon. Got paid over $5K and now I have a rare car since all the other ones are disappearing. Couldn't be happier.
What was the EPA fix? do you now run a DEF system? I'm seriously thinking of switching to a Mercedes GLK diesel and trading in the MDX.

Last edited:

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Given our legal system, I suspect those cars will not be resold in the USA.

All they'd have to do is put them on Copart and IAA and they'd go to Mexico. Not sure why they just don't sell them directly to Mexico and be done with it...

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Wife and daughter love them. The Cabrio was a great car for college in Arizona, the night sky in the desert is something special.

Just bought an '01 Cabrio from a private party yesterday. 85k. Parked it because of a P/S problem and never used it again. $150. :)

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'd imagine that Cabrio is Rust free??
Wow.
I daily drove three Vr6 Corrados in a row between 1993 and 2009. Two got stolen, crashed the last one.
The dog in my avatar bought it's replacement. I loved driving those.
Electrics were nothing like Japanese cars though.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
What was the EPA fix? do you now run a DEF system? I'm seriously thinking of switching to a Mercedes GLK diesel and trading in the MDX.
To be honest I'm not sure what they did? I don't think it involved a Urea conversion of any kind. I think they replaced the CAT maybe and reset the computer? It's supposed to be a two part fix so maybe that is coming but I am clear in CA for smog and I already got paid so not sure if this second fix will ever happen. Great little sleeper car, these things move.