Pictures are from a Swiss meeting posted on the 2002faq:

IMG_0776.thumb.JPG.2e1a5a8420a63665c71766240d23bbdb.JPG
IMG_0777.thumb.JPG.a5d9b165dae9c084ff4ad6a93c116738.JPG
IMG_0778.thumb.JPG.3575d3368e4feac50e8418c83ac747b2.JPG

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks like Anthrazit to me Mo.

I agree that it looks more grey than green. The car pre-dates the Anthrazit. I haven’t seen Anthrazit (photos) in a lot of lighting conditions but it doesn’t look as grey IMO. I spy an early hood, early mirrors, early seats, trap mirrors, black kidney, late (black) wipers. Who knows?!! :D

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Anthrazit was a relatively common 2.5CS color although I was looking for signs of a 74 car which it didn’t seem to have.
But a respay in that color is a strong possibility. The seats seem to be the older vertical pleats type too. Also the missing badge on the trunk would indicate a respray.

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Anthrazit was a relatively common 2.5CS color although I was looking for signs of a 74 car which it didn’t seem to have.
But a respay in that color is a strong possibility. The seats seem to be the older horizontal pleats type too. Also the missing badge on the trunk would indicate a respray.

I know you meant vertical. :D Also 2800CS headrests without the “ears”. Well the kidney would be a sign of a 74 if you subscribe to the “skinny grille theory”.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I’d say this is Tundra green, like my car, which changes shades in different light conditions.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
looks like a '74 which wouldn't have been tundra ... i'm thinking amazon green or jade green (i think jade was brighter than amazon) ... but in reality it looks like a late '70's bmw green that came on the 733i / e24 ... cypress green. (the green one in Christopher's post)

e24_malachit_green.jpg

Last edited:

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hard to tell from the photo. I think it looks like it could be Malachite Green (205).?. I am assuming a repaint?

m73

Reaction score
Great responses -- Thanks guys.

This is an interesting color as it seems both dark green & grey -- I vote some type of Jade as in 'B QC 435H'

Also look at the details of that car -- Thin surround black 5 slat grille, Petri, & some sort of headlamp protectors?

Fun discussion....

Mo

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thin surround black 5 slat grille, Petri, & some sort of headlamp protectors
Well spotted Mo! The headlamp protectors are actually the for the headlight wiper blades stoppers and the grill would make the car a pre 74 but the black wiper blades don’t match. The grill is also the Csl grill, very hard to find now a days!

m73

Reaction score
Both cars have interesting details & color(s) to match :)

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
BMW Highland Green on the 2004 X3 was dark grey or green depending how the light hit the paint.

First CS looks Anthracite. The CS Christopher posted looks like Tundra.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I agree that it looks more grey than green. The car pre-dates the Anthrazit. I haven’t seen Anthrazit (photos) in a lot of lighting conditions but it doesn’t look as grey IMO. I spy an early hood, early mirrors, early seats, trap mirrors, black kidney, late (black) wipers. Who knows?!! :D
yep - anthracite was introduced in 1974 and ran thru the late 70's ... my dad's 733i was that color.
Code 152
Zypressengrün
Maybe!
that was my guess in #8 - cypress green / zypressengrun #152