The Vintage in Asheville 2018

bwalvoord

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Can I get a show of hands for those planning to attend? I’ll be there with the 1602 as well as the Taiga 02 I just finished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
There is an 8% chance Amy and I will run down there (without a car - just as spectators). It's a strong 8%, but far more likely we'll make it next year. At the very least, I look forward to pics posted by those who made it. :)

Last edited:

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wish I could join you guys, we had such an awesome time last year. Hope you have some good weather and not a downpour like when we left!

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Likewise, Steve...The rheumatoid arthritis monster made its debut last spring, so I couldn't really even drive a stick; drove the Volvo auto wagon, painfully, and came up for about two of the waning hours on Saturday only. Saw a few folks; met Andrew Wilson, Chris Macha, and a few old 02 friends, but I wasn't at my best. Happy and healthy now; going to be a damp week, lets hope the rain is gone by Friday. Everyone be safe.

dbower

Reaction score
For those of us attending: If we want to park coupes together at Hot Springs, it looks like we need to arrive together Saturday morning. Scott says not to be there before 9am. It's a 45-minute drive. So, I propose that anyone interested gather at the Clarion parking lot ready to roll at 8:15. Alternatively, if you arrive at Hot Springs before 9, park across the road from the entrance and join the coupe caravan when we arrive.

Don

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Wish I could join you guys, we had such an awesome time last year. Hope you have some good weather and not a downpour like when we left!

I agree with Chris "Lido" Macha, the socialization around the event was fabulous last year. That said, I continue to be less than thrilled with Scott's ideas for the Vintage itself and his rejection of reasonable suggestions for improvement.

And with Tom's wiper flying off and Wayne's mechanical troubles, the trip home was memorable too:

20170521_090442.jpg