Lot of Parts for Sale

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I thought he’d have a change of heart ha, any idea where I can find a windshield?
Peter - a couple of thoughts for you. one 40+ year old windshields are not fun to ship and there is a significant risk that they will crack during traditional shipping ... no matter how well they are packaged. in my mind, its not really worth the risk.
the second is that most 40+ year old windshields are pitted / scratched and not worth the cost of shipping. that being said, i just took one out of my coupe and going to put in a new windshield from pro source glass after (when) the car is painted.

You know you are always welcome here! RB
Roger, i will give you a shout next week and perhaps the following weekend i can come out to see you.

cheers to all
scott

Last edited:

gdub0717

Site Donor
Reaction score
Did anyone buy this lot of parts with any intention of selling the individual pieces?
Could use a couple of these parts if they become available. Thanks.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
may do this if the ship isnt too expensive
I believe Roger wants $7,500 for all. There is enough there that "shipping" will involve a van or box truck. Hiring this out would likely be very cost prohibitive. Anyone more local would have an advantage of driving over and picking the items up directly (albeit still in a van or box truck).

RogerB

Reaction score
I can deliver to a reasonable local area with a reasonable deposit. This is if my friend in CA is not serious about purchasing them.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
There are a few items that i want / need ... but i don't have the space to house it in the interim as my garage is full of all of the parts to get my coupe back together and put the new engine in. the list is in this thread, if you are interested in anything in particular - send me a PM with a wild-ass guess of what you might be willing to pay for it ... a lot of my discretionary capital is tied up with the engine and parts waiting to go on the car. my wife would kill me if i came home with a garage full of additional parts ...

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i did that once before ... so i know from personal experience. the other side of the problem is that if i take that much money out of the bank account it will bring great scrutiny to the remaining parts i need to buy for my coupe.

gdub0717

Site Donor
Reaction score
Been there, done that. This was the breaking point and was likely the main cause of the sale on my last coupe 5 years ago.
I am constantly keeping myself in check now!

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Roger, i only got 2 messages from people describing what they needed. you know the pieces that i am interested in ... i am willing to buy them from you for a reasonable price as part of the rebuilding of my coupe ... if you would rather not, that's fine as i can buy them new. just offering to lessen your load and in doing that take an assessment of the rest of the parts for anybody who is interested.