$5000 Petri

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'll just post this and sit back and hear from the experts...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/153166598211

nmna

eating-popcorn-smiley-emoticon-1-gif.51072

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Anybody going to tell them?
If that were being sold here they would arguably be in breach of our consumer protection laws.

Wladek

Reaction score
makes this one just listed in NZ for NZD$3000 look like a bargain... https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1755723207

or maybe not.. all just seems a bit silly but what do I know..

View attachment 51170
He sell it as CSL wheel, but it's actually just standard bmw petri 40cm, foam, v shape tabs & 3-ring e9 hub.
In the lower part there is at least one pretty big foam damage; i don't know - center black ring was probably painted with paint brush by a child.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If that were being sold here they would arguably be in breach of our consumer protection laws.
i sent the guy a question asking if it was leather or rubber ... and mentioned that was not an e9 hub, much less the longer CSL hub so it couldn't have come with a CSL. of course, no response. just trying to dupe somebody into paying a lot of money. i agree with Keshav - NOS is unused, this doesn't fit the bill.

JohnP_02

Reaction score

I did tell him, I let him know that the description is completely inaccurate as it’s a regular 38cm Petri. His response was that someone had already offered him $4k for it (sure) so I pointed out that was because his ad is misleading implying that the wheel is leather. To that I received no response and no change in his ad. Mark is correct, this guy has wheels that sit on eBay for years with ridiculous prices.

Simufly

Reaction score
Would this be reportable to eBay?
Probably, but they (ebay) dont seem too intrested!
It would seen that anyone who has any knowledge of the E3/E9/E10 BMWs would know what is on offer here.
Would anyone part with $5000( or even $4000) without doing due dilligence on the item?

JohnP_02

Reaction score
Well to add something to this seller, against my better judgement I purchased a different very expensive wheel from this guy about two weeks ago. As soon as I removed it from the box I could see damage all over the wheel that he failed to disclose. On the plus side he did take it back for a full refund, but I’m not sure if that was due to all the safety measures I had in place (goods and services option and paid through a cc for extra security) or if he really over looked it. I’m guessing he just didn’t want to get into trouble. No one expects 40-50 year old steering wheels to be perfect but it’s pretty shady to hide damages and defects from potential buyers. Needless to say buyer beware when dealing with this guy, will never buy anything from him again. Probably. o_O