'76 E3 for sale in Orange County, CA - 2 owners, 4 spd. Runs great

FjordTempo

Reaction score
Hi BMW family

Here's another case of "I don't have the time my car deserves". This 3.0Si came Polaris / red from the factory and I wanted so badly to restore and repaint it (PO repainted it white sometime ago). It's running great and is a very fun car to drive in its stock condition (no major performance tweaks yet).

I just posted it on Craiglist and would prefer to sell it to an enthusiast here. I am open to feedback and criticism on the ad and price. I've tried to be as fair and transparent about the car's condition as I can.

Thank you,
Matt

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/d/1976-bmw-30-si-e3-ca-blue/6749125564.html

FjordTempo

Reaction score
From BMW Group Classic:

Dear Mr Fletcher,

Thank you for your email.

The BMW 3.0 Si US VIN 5040092was manufactured on November 26th, 1975 and delivered on November 27th, 1975 to the importer BMW of North America. The original colour was Polaris metallic, paint code 060.

We hope this information is helpful for you.

Yours sincerely,

Julia Oberndörfer

--
BMW Group
Julia Oberndörfer
BMW Group Classic

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
This would probably be better in the For Sale section because the ads stay on the first page longer. E3 General isn't as busy as E9 though so up to you...

FjordTempo

Reaction score
Update for those who are tracking E3 prices: I sold this car today for $6,000. Apparently it is heading back to Europe for a restoration. I hope to own another E3 very soon. What a car!

Here is an archive version of the ad with the photos:

http://www.craigslistadsaver.com/view.php?name=SaleofMatt

Thanks,
Matt

Hi BMW family

Here's another case of "I don't have the time my car deserves". This 3.0Si came Polaris / red from the factory and I wanted so badly to restore and repaint it (PO repainted it white sometime ago). It's running great and is a very fun car to drive in its stock condition (no major performance tweaks yet).

I just posted it on Craiglist and would prefer to sell it to an enthusiast here. I am open to feedback and criticism on the ad and price. I've tried to be as fair and transparent about the car's condition as I can.

Thank you,
Matt

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/d/1976-bmw-30-si-e3-ca-blue/6749125564.html

Last edited:

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Do you have any photos you could post on this thread? It would be nice to have them with the selling price for future reference. I can add it to the registry too..

FjordTempo

Reaction score
Do you have any photos you could post on this thread? It would be nice to have them with the selling price for future reference. I can add it to the registry too..
I updated my listing above to include an archived version of my Craigslist ad. Thanks for the suggestion!
Matt