Visor clips and pivot joint’s

milwaukeesk

Member.
Site Donor
Reaction score
At some point would it be possible for one of our 3D printing experts to start to make and sell these pieces. While i'm no expert, they seems simple enough to duplicate and sourcing today is difficult and ridiculously expensive, at least where i'm looking.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
At some point would it be possible for one of our 3D printing experts to start to make and sell these pieces. While i'm no expert, they seems simple enough to duplicate and sourcing today is difficult and ridiculously expensive, at least where i'm looking.

I don’t intend to make any parts that compete against existing vendors or enthusiasts. I made parts that were NLA and unavailable in the aftermarket.

jmackro

Reaction score
At some point would it be possible for one of our 3D printing experts to start to make and sell these pieces. While i'm no expert, they seems simple enough to duplicate ...

Yes, you could duplicate the shape. But would printable plastic have the strength and UV resistance that these parts require? Making the pivots out of metal might be a better (though more complicated) endeavor.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Injection molded with GFN should be strong enough. Even better with some metal inserts to protect against over-tightening

Does anyone have a 3-D scan of the pivot?

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
I still think a mold with GFN will be plenty strong for this application, and much cheaper than CNC machining each one. Does anyone know if the CK pivots are CNC'd out of solid plastic or injection molded?

Also, anyone know if the pivot is the same as the ones on an E3? The visors are different, but I thought maybe the pivot is the same.

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think a cnc file must exist, as i purchased them 3 -5 years ago from someone (US based) on the forum here. Milled from brass.

I'd have to dig through the parts pile to fish them out and get the name from the mailing enveloppe, but perhaps someone here recalls his name?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A520F met Tapatalk