Slot Car racing

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hey, anyone into this? Looooong time ago I had a very special (to me) 1/32nd size track arranged on a 4x8 sheet of plywood. Was so much fun, was able to create car bodies on chassis, and landscape and detail the circuit-especially the pit area-as per the way I thought it should be built. Now I see there are these Ninco sets among others, and I feel there still exists a group still interested in this hobby. Anyone here?

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have several 1/32 BMW slot cars & two 1/24 cars including a rare CSL unbuilt kit. Used to go to the local track all the time.

Slot Calder.JPG
Slot Stella.JPG
Slot Warhol.JPG
Slot Done.JPG
IMG_5358.JPG
Koons.JPG
E9 1:24 Nose.jpg
E9 1:24 Pkg copy.jpg
Rallye 02.JPG
2002 slot car.JPG

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Track is on a 6x10" board I built down low so the grand kids can run them. My 3 year old grandson has actually developed the skill to run the cars without flying off the track.
Good magnets help!!!
Can you tell this is a guys house?

Slot car track.jpg

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Andrew, next year you need to drive thru ATL on your way somewhere around Atlanta and stop by and race some cars on Gary's track ... and go for some spirited coupe rides on some great roads i know. we just have to get our coupes together down here.

Mike Goble

Reaction score
Track is on a 6x10" board I built down low so the grand kids can run them. My 3 year old grandson has actually developed the skill to run the cars without flying off the track.
Good magnets help!!!

If that's a 6x10" board it must be Ken and Barbies place...

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Can I come over and play too? Slot cars were my favorite toy growing up, not surprisingly I spent more time working on them to go faster than actually racing. I had AF/X, my older brother had a mid 60's Eldon set with the 250GTO, Porsche RSK, Split window vette, and a D-type.

Good magnets help!!!

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
wow... great memories!! Our set had a two-level circular section and you could drift the car all the way through that section. One particular car had white tires and it would leave skid marks :)

Andrew... those BMW cars are SWEET.

Thank y'all for sharing,

Ed

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
This is where my car passion started! I started building my own chassis, electric motors, I was hardcore and this has culminated into an E3 and E9 restoration. Only difference, I never had to visit an E.R. with slot cars.

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Very nostalgic everyone, and thank you to those who had photos to post. This is making me wonder how to get that box of track and cars out of the garage and find a place to assemble (semi)-permanently and have another round at this great hobby. I like it for many reasons, number 1 is, never any rust to deal with! ;) Carry on!

'69 2800cs

Reaction score
I take my 8 and 12 year old boys to our local track.

post-226-0-59981500-1463441829.jpg

I'm partial to this model of Parma. I snap them up when I find them on ebay, though $15 is my limit. Tires always need to be replaced but they always run!

parma-24-scale-vette-gtp-slot-car-box_1_1bdb41da7bde483f4134b18a8143bc37.jpg

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
This is where my car passion started! I started building my own chassis, electric motors, I was hardcore and this has culminated into an E3 and E9 restoration. Only difference, I never had to visit an E.R. with slot cars.

Mine started with AMT and Revell plastic model cars. Would build these kits and then customize them. I remember even putting HO Train grain of wheat bulbs in the models for head and tail lights.
Have a big scar near my right knee where I got it with the Xacto knife. Probably should have had stitches. Shop class teacher in middle school would judge the cars the guys built. I still remember the name of my biggest competitor.