What else have you built/are you building?

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Moving this to OT with a 3 day redirect now that it has some legs.

Myself - too many home projects to count. Lots’s of car modifications and repair over the years, but never any restorations.

Seth Horwitz

Reaction score
You guys are all making me look bad. I've got enough doctors' notes to justify why a good portion of this will be with checkbook labor, but those are some nice cars/houses/boats. It seems like the E9 is going to be the most work out of whatever I do, mostly from finding the car and scrounging for parts, which is kind of why I've always had the idea of doing a quicker number two, as I keep working on that. (Garage space, or physical wrenching, won't be the issue.) As I came into this, and as mentioned, a fun 240z/280z or 2002 might be what's needed. I was never real big into '60s muscle, and there seem to be a zillion full cars (let alone parts) for those two models. Now, just back to making the thing an automatic. That limits my options on what I can build, but it seems a good fab guy will be able to make either of those latter cars enough fun to drive. There seem to be a few non-terrible, but non-original to the model, transmission set ups that I could work with. (A brand new sequential six speed would be fun, but not worth half of the car, ignoring the work to make it fit. I'd build a brand new Caterham, for that, which would be a different beast.) Thanks everyone. Keep em coming if you have him. A little inspiration never hurt anyone.

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
I've been quiet on this forum for the past year or two because the coupe has been mostly sitting in storage while I work on the house and garage. I've been posting semi-regular updates on the Garage Journal forum which can be found here: https://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345587
There are random posts on the E9 and E12 among other BMW-related projects (look at the bottom of page 13), but skip to the last page for my recent focus on building cabinets for the garage.

Seth Horwitz

Reaction score
I've been quiet on this forum for the past year or two because the coupe has been mostly sitting in storage while I work on the house and garage. I've been posting semi-regular updates on the Garage Journal forum which can be found here: https://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345587
There are random posts on the E9 and E12 among other BMW-related projects (look at the bottom of page 13), but skip to the last page for my recent focus on building cabinets for the garage.

You guys are all making me feel lazy.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
No good pics of car projects, but I see that this thread has opened up to "other" types of projects. Here's a bit of what I've been up to:
BA-01.jpg
BA-02.jpg
BA-03.jpg
BA-04.jpg
BA-05.jpg
BA-06.jpg
BA-07.jpg

:D

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Photoshop a Polaris coupe, or the color of your choice and they all become in 10!
Technically, there is exactly one of those in one of the garages... :D But can you guess which one. No fair, though Steve - you already know!

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Spent a lot of the fall making a few parts for a 2017 Suzuki Vstrom 650 I am hoping to tour on. My goal is no accidents as I seem to have been injured one way or the other from a series of ski and dirt bike accidents over that last two years. Trying to optimize safety issues, which on a bike is not always possible. I have the loudest horn, brightest lights, reflective wheels, BMW riding gear and will be buying a Helite Turtle airbag vest this winter.
Also hoping to buy a car that my family has a long history with. It's a pathetic vehicle in terms of both performance and safety. (top speed 45 mph, incredibly bad crash test results....crushed by the lead acid batteries as the frame folds, then burnt in acid)
A 1980 Marathon C-300 electric car. My goal is to seal the deal on one this weekend, and place it in the Canadian Automotive museum. Fingers crossed.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Lovely landscape Lafngrvy, what recipe are you using on the 2002 suspension?

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
it sure looks wide for a street car…. i think the same as my 2002 rally car in the '80' s …. :)

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Missed out on acquiring a very rare car over the weekend. Bummed out. I helped build them in the summers of 78' and 79'. It was Dad's company and now in his 87th year he would have enjoyed it coming back to the family. He finally got the Tesla he was dreaming about.
Here is what it was:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/autohistorian/27912045397

These were hand made and crude. The frame was box section rectangular steel made by Italian craftsmen who could do anything with a hammer, spray gun and welding gun. The location was St Leonard, Quebec, just on the outskirts of East end Montreal. The years after I worked there I got a summer job with Ford in Genk, Belgium in the factory press shop making the 1980 Ford Taunus. I knew from that moment it was a fail.
My Dad had high hopes these would revolutionize autodom. and hopefully get the nod of Government approval like Bombardier did. Government subsidies got them from snowmobiles to trains and planes. They still are on the teat struggling to stay aflloat and are privately held. Trudeau gave them a Billion when he got elected. My Dad was never a car guy, more a risk taker. Today I will say that getting close to 90, he owns and manages a flying school, healing arts center and land development projects in North Carolina and the Bahamas. Was involved in textiles, apple cider, pizza chain, grocery cart advertising and the correlations of historical commodity analysis.
Anyone hear of a Marathon c300 for sale, please drop me a line.
In March 1980 one of our chassis made the cover of Motor Trend with a Briggs and Stratton Hybrid the Italian guys put together if anyone remembers it.
https://www.backissues.com/issue/Motor-Trend-March-1980

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
No good pics of car projects, but I see that this thread has opened up to "other" types of projects. Here's a bit of what I've been up to:

:D

Stephen, these are awesome designs! I’m assuming you are an architect? I really like all of them. Do you have a web site with more info?

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Bo, you are too kind - thank you! Yes, guilty as charged. My website is terribly out of date (not dissimilar to my progress on The Raven). I hope to change to a new format in 2019, as well as add some more recent work. brunsarchitecture.com