‘76 3.0Si for sale in Orange County, CA. 2 owners.

FjordTempo

Reaction score
Hi BMW family

Here's another case of "I don't have the time my car deserves". This 3.0Si came Polaris / red from the factory and I wanted so badly to restore and repaint it (PO repainted it white sometime ago). It's running great and is a very fun car to drive in its stock condition (no major performance tweaks yet).

I just posted it on Craiglist and would prefer to sell it to an enthusiast here. I am open to feedback and criticism on the ad and price. I've tried to be as fair and transparent about the car's condition as I can.

Thank you,
Matt

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/d/1976-bmw-30-si-e3-ca-blue/6749125564.html

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Interesting price. In the spring of 1977, I bought a '76 3.0Si manual transmission that had been driven about 2K miles by the dealer's wife (NC dealer). It was a beauty in Baikal blue with tan soft leather upholstery, and fully optioned I paid $6500 for it as I recall. So - no depreciation over 41 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just inflation - Ha

Drove the car for about 6-7 years and ~80K miles. Bought an MB 3.0 diesel as replacement (oil crisis raised gasoline prices to ~$1 per gallon, so diesel was a lot more economical to drive, but NOT as much fun).

Gary

John H.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Rats! I would have bought this but missed the listing! My wife and I have the Si that sold on BaT last year. Silver with red interior. But we have that here in VT while yours would have been perfect in Laguna with my white CS. Guess I have to check this daily again! Congrats on the sale. Hope it stayed local and I'll see it around.