Markos the Admin

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

As you may know I have been serving as a backup administrator for Dan for the past 12 months or so. Here are the things I can see/do:

Here is what I can do/see:

1. I can move posts
2. I can hide posts
3. I can edit all posts including yours
4. I can delete posts
5. I can see the history of your edited posts

Here is what I can't see:

1. I can't see or read your PM's (I don't want to either)
2. I can't reset your password
3. I can't validate new accounts

Here is what I actually do:

1. I move threads - mostly to OT or pictures/videos
2. I delete "delete me" threads
3. I occasionally edit broken quotes/links/etc and things, mainly for folks that are less forum/tech savvy.​

Here is what else I am doing:

1. While it is slow-going, I am working with Dan to get the registry up and running. So far I have loaded all of the historical records into a new database platform with a new front-end. We ran into a snag with new user registration, but we have a handle on the proposed fix. Both Dan and I full time day jobs and families, so we work on this when we can. I anticipate that the new site will be online in Q1 2019.

At least one or two members are under the impression that I am reading PM's and possibly abusing my admin privileges. While I have assured folks that this is not the case, I encourage anyone to reach out to me personally or publicly if you have concerns about my volunteering to admin this site. I have thick skin, and welcome direct feedback.

Thanks!

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks Markos,
Hmmm now I know why moving that thread was .....................
One thing for me lately has been that I don't get every repost to a post I made. I get some but not all. I think it's cyberspace voodoo's.
Thanks for your volunteerism.
Gary

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Is that what you guys do??? JUST KIDDING!
Your and Dan's time and efforts are greatly appreciated. This is the smoothest and best running forum I'm keen to. THANK YOU.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
One thing for me lately has been that I don't get every repost to a post I made.

Can you elaborate a little more on this? Are you talking about alerts/notifications that you get when someone replies to your thread? If so, sometimes it gives you one notification and says something like "there may be more" instead of giving you a bunch of them. Let me know...

'69 2800cs

Reaction score
I think we need one of these to better explain this.

What Markos can do, what we think Markos can do...:)

Racing Car Driver Explained.JPG

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Funny you mention that. I tried a few times to get an account and hadn't received a reply (months elapsed).

There was a time when my emails and notifications were not working. There were many new member accounts waiting to be validated and I dropped the ball on those. Lesson learned, now I validate sometimes within minutes. :)

Marco 54

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Dan and Mark - well done fellas!
Without you both - there would be no Forum; and this is by a mile the best BMW Forum and site I have ever seen.
I hope you both manage some respite over the holiday period.
Best wishes to all for Christmas and the New Year.

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi Markos.
A few months the back I had a major problem with my computer and my daughter got most of my info back. The problem is my User name got changed and I lost my awards and everything started from scratch using a new User Name. Is there any way of getting my old user name Koopman back?